1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Any News From the Devs? (FoF?)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Azazel of LA, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Azazel of LA

Azazel of LA Guest

Hellos its been a lil while since we had any updates about some topics. As of late there has been almost no posts from any Dev. So is there any news on
    1. Char. Transfer (any ETA?)
    2. Spellweaving Nerf (was it meant or not?)
    3. Owned by OSI Houses (updates on lists we sent you?)
    4. Stygian Abyss (alive or dead? ETA? ANYTHING?)
    5. Recall Crash Bug (this one is VERY annoying)

Im sure there is more people want to know but this is all I can think of right now. Feel free people to add to the list :) .
  2. Same questions have been asked over and over. And everyone is busy, working on fixes, so let me go ahead and give ya the straight-up on this.

1. Soon

2. A side effect of programming in the squeaks for the mouseholes, a fix is done and will be put in as soon as it clears QA (well, soon as we have a QA dept) :blushing:

3. It's on the radar.

4. Can't discuss that right now. We don't want any other game companies stealing our secrets, and SA is planned to be the first ever game expansion to be released in secret.

5. It's on the radar, and slated for a publish in the near future (see #1)
  3. Azazel of LA

Azazel of LA Guest

So your a member of the Dev Team?
  4. LOL

Working on my comm skillz, in case I wanna applies :D
  5. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 7, 2008
    i think his replies were a bit facetious.
  6. Azazel of LA

Azazel of LA Guest

I know my reply should have had a Sarcasm tag on it too :)
  7. Just so we have no misunderstandings:

I admire the work (for the most part) the Devs do. The knowledge and patience to do this, and deal with what they have to, amazes me.
    Bugs, sure. And I get aggravated big time. But all these things, can be overcome and overlooked.

The biggest problem I have, and what really really makes me so sarcastic and biting, is the lack of communication. No solid answers to questions, always the same ole same ole later on, soon, etc etc. And that's not a knock necessarily at Jeremy either, she can only do what she's allowed. It's a problem from the top, that is fed down.

You will never convince me, that no one has any idea where SA stands.
    You will never convince me, that no one has any idea whether we are gonna have to go KR to have SA, if it is released.

Questions asked and asked...but the answers we get are to other stuff.

oh well, *shrugs*
  8. Azazel of LA

Azazel of LA Guest

I agree , Im not knocking the devs , but the lack of communication kills me.
  9. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

Amen on that.
  10. Azazel of LA

Azazel of LA Guest

FoF is on Thur. this week right?
  11. Nok

Nok Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Correct. The FoF will be published on Thursday this week.

Friday will be a travel days for those of the UO Team who will be at the UO Town Hall in San Diego this upcoming Saturday.
  12. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008
    Hopefully right in time for it to be returned to its former useful, fun glory.

I'm all in favor of letting them have 4 questions, and some playguide updates. 3 questions, and some announcements.

But 2 was really pushing it.

-Galen's player
  13. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

May 15, 2008
    I'd also appreciate a statement from the Devs. Also, I would like to know what the future plans about the KR client will be.