1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any other Cisco geeks out there?

Discussion in 'UO Resources' started by Shamus Turlough, Oct 15, 2009.

1. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I know this is UO tech, but I figured I would put this out there more as a puzzler than as a request for help.

I have a Cisco 6500 enterprise switch that I recently upgraded IOS on from a 3 year old version to the latest (if you want I will post the exact versions)

Now, the CiscoView device manager will not load on the switch. I do all my work at the command line, but it is nice to have a graphical view to show to the end user. The CVDM runs resident on the switch, which has a built in apache web server. CVDM is a java application, and I have done all the usual java troubleshooting (tried different versions, and different machines).

I get a java.null.lang.exception as soon as the CVDM attempts to enumerate the feature set of the new IOS. Cisco wont help me, as the CVDM is end-of-life (YAY Cisco) and they want me to move to a very expensive piece of monitoring software, which I dont need.

Ideas?

2. Hildebrand

Hildebrand Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I just want to say, I feel your pain when Cisco claims items as end of life. Their equipment would and should last way past their expiration.
    They say progress. *grumbles*

3. JPDefault

JPDefault Guest

May as well be as well be client-dependant. Did you try to open it from a different (older) client?
    I had a similar issue with a Pix (many) years ago, when I realized it worked better with an older version of JVM.

4. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Downgrade, then write the newer version number on a post-it. Tell people they can't use the CVDM without first attaching the paper security dongle to their monitor.

...No, no actual help. Sorry.