1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any plans for an Elven ship?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by old gypsy, Jun 14, 2012.

1. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

We have ships fashioned for humans, gargoyles, orcs... but not for elves. Sure would be nice if an elven ship could be designed and added to our choices. :)

Mirt and sablestorm like this.
  2. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

you could probably consider the tokuno ship kind of elvish, no?

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Not a chance.... that's not even remotely Elvish.

But I have to agree and I believe I've said it before the Elves do need a Ship.

sablestorm likes this.
  4. Sauteed Onion

I still think we need space ships.. meow.

Raptor85 likes this.
  5. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

-and ocean moongates.

OOh I just had a great idea. Shipstones -for traveling from facet to facet with your ship. Like the old moonstones, only better! Fleeing combat rules would apply in felucca, of course.

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  6. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I still like your idea virtualhabitat of putting the Serpent pillars in other areas especially Tokuno. I very much believe there should be a way to sail from Trammel to Tokuno.

Mirt, Barok, Sevin0oo0 and 1 other person like this.
  7. MsCC

MsCC Adventurer

2-3 months ago I started a thread in the Fishing Professional Forum about this and the replies I received stated the fisherman had asked for a passageway of some sort to Tokuno waters for several years and they have been totally ignored by the developers. I sure wish there could be some sort of "push" to get this accomplished rather than having to purchase another ship for a different character and leave it anchored in Tokuno or completely emptying the ship and dry docking it then going to Tokuno waters and replacing it there every time you want to fish in those waters. Or, if you leave your one boat there the reverse has to occur if you want to fish in Tram waters.

Nimuaq, Woodsman and Sauteed Onion like this.
  8. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Not sure what book I read to get this cause I read so many... but don't Elven ships float in the air?

I'm positive I read that somewhere.

9. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd love to see an elven ship.

10. Shelra

Shelra Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I found this image under search of Elven Ships, would you consider this close?

[​IMG]

MalagAste likes this.
  11. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Elven ships only sail west. That's gonna create a heck of a mess on the server line.

Lord Nabin likes this.
  12. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

For the purposes of UO elves, I think all we'd need is the design... not a revamp on how the ship works. :)

13. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

14. MalagAste

15. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I really like this idea, because it boosts the RPing aspect, and more importantly it helps tie the landmasses of UO together. Malas and Tokuno don't feel like a part of the rest of UO at times. Being able to sail to Tokuno would be awesome, even if it was just a moongate in the water.

16. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

Unless there was something before it that I'm not aware of, the idea of adding a serpent pillar, and additional password to the existing pillars, to allow transport to Tokuno was brought up during High Seas beta testing. Along with adding fishing rods to the 'target by resource' options. Sadly we never got a 'yes', 'no' or 'maybe' to either idea.

Oh, considering how many 'bits' there are to a ship, if you look in insideuo, to add another ship would quite possibly involve a blood sacrifice to Grimm and the UO Engineers :D

Sevin0oo0 likes this.
  17. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah

Does goblin blood count?

*a small Pitmuck goblin looks up... "mees gib bludz" she says*

Mirt likes this.
  18. Sauteed Onion

Ultima 7 I think had a space ship in somebody's barn yard! Also, ultima 1 (you know where the gem of immortality comes from) you could buy a space ship in town. Meow. Also an air car. Space ships plz.

Ludes likes this.
  19. King_Fisher

King_Fisher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Elves can use the Rowboat, or a dead grass woven raft. Bunch of tree lovers anyway!

G.v.P, Ludes and Sauteed Onion like this.
  20. MalagAste

Ooo I forgot about that thanks for reminding me... I want that too..... please pretty please add "Target by resource" to fishing rods.

21. Sauteed Onion

Perhaps if they can't add a space ship, maybe add futuristic looking boats that look kinda sorta like them. Or a below decks like 7x7 customizable area would be nice, you know.. like in all the high seas boats.

Mirt and Ludes like this.
  22. Sauteed Onion

sheesh even like 5x5 maybe?

23. MsCC

MsCC Adventurer

I'm sorry but I truly take offense to this statement! Elves have been a part of UO through the eons. All my characters on all four accounts are elves and I believe that I have as much right to receive consideration from the Dev Team for my type of game play as any of the "Humans" or "Gargoyles" out there that constantly complain about any little thing that happens in game that is not to their liking. I WANT ELVEN SHIPS AND A WAY TO SAIL TO TOKUNO!!!

eve likes this.
  24. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

I love the ship Petra showed.. what a perfect Elven ship... I'm still tracking down the lore that proves there were Elven ships sailing verdant treetops.

And as far as Sauteed Onion goes.... You have played Ultima I see... I've decided I like you..

25. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

I had a landspeeder several years before George Lucas copied them... lol

26. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

hm. I guess I was thinking about the fishing bonus, and how elves have rarity bonus. what's tokuno supposed to be, then? for ninjas and samurais?

27. virtualhabitat

virtualhabitat Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I can arrange to have some killed if that's what they want. Just point him out and consider it done.

eve likes this.
  28. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

A little off-topic but Lucas also copied Snarf from Larry Elmore's Snarf Quest comic strip in Dragon Magazine, turning him into Jar Jar Binx. :p Snarf was much cooler too and hooked up with a total babe, Telarie Windyarm! Google them if you would know more.

29. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

Excellent! I will.....

30. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Elf Ship- Mildly surprised that it wasn't made to begin with. I am going to guess time was the biggest issue there. Because it seems rather oblivious to have one. Unless you are going to make some kind of retcon saying elves don't sail/don't use them.

Snarf Quest-
    Larry put out a book with all the Snarf Quest and some new stuff. Last time we talked- he mentioned about maybe doing some new stuff as well.

31. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm still waiting for my Seahorse :(

32. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Without Tokuno quest what is the use to sailing the waters? The way it should be asked, " Can we have the elvish ship part deeds added to the Tokuno spawned orc ships?" "Oh, and make them 1-16 deed parts to assemble so every swinging Richard is not spamming on chat completed ships in a week." Want to make ship battles happen? Have them as chance loot on orc ships in fel also. Add in 6 Orc fishmonger run piers on Tokuno waters in a big loop. They only reconize fishers working quest polynorphed or wearing Magik Slipperz. Push the six reward books up to the rare level with new art for Orc fishmongers. Replace the lava hooks and traps with bone hooks and traps with bone artwork (they can be set to a type and 50% time they are used that is the name they catch, IE Fred Lobster) Without the carrot the below statement remains true.

Few select recall spots on quite isles and push off a screen for deep water Tokuno fishing with a rowboat. That is all that is needed in those waters current state of interest. Ship NPC battles for the same loot? Bout time with the having to wait and take turns in the Tram/Fel waters.

33. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor

Elves rarely like to leave their trees, so an Elf ship will need to have a tree on it.

34. Sauteed Onion

Actually, it should be a tree.. with like a seat carved into it.. Kinda like a log floating in the ocean, but the elf in charge can psychically make the tree do his or her bidding.