1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any plans on adding this 2d chat feature?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kratos Aurion, Jan 27, 2009.

1. I understand that pushing "enter" to chat was initially implemented with KR and has long been an alternative request for players who play 2d.

So I guess my question of the day to the developers is are there any plans on adding this feature [pushing enter to initiate chat sequence] as an option for 2d users?

My argument is that I occasionally set many macros using letters only. I don't enjoy being forced to create compound macros such as ctrl + letter because it reduces my overall reach and speed of macro execution. Not to mention when I try having a decent conversation with other players, my speech is generally wiped clear off the screen and buried deep within the journal in mere seconds.

So this is just a players request for an alternative option.

2. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

pushing caps-lock key for deactivating chat sounds mush better

3. I never thought about a chat deactivation method but it applies to the same concept. I'd rather be able to set the activation/deactivation macro to a button of choice rather. I'm familiar with using "enter" because I use it a lot more frequently than caps lock and it's also used in KR and other games which seems to work out fairly well.

4. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

its much easier to monitor caps-lock lamp.
    and... who need all caps chat anyway?

5. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

The "kids"... :p

6. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Can't use Caps-lock it would destroy Rule 39 of the Rules of the Internet.

39. CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL.

7. epic :hahaha:

8. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

The same Rules of the Internet that contain the infamous Rule 34?

9. eric23

eric23 Guest

Errr No! 2D users have NOT! I wish people would stop forcing issues but saying " We do."
    Yes, We manage to assign key stokes for most of our macro's, pitty you don't like too. So now you expect everyone using 2D to do as your saying .... Get a life. Try Setting either the ctrl, or Alt, or shift key , or space bar even, it's bigger and you can't miss.