1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Any point to a low level of Parry

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by GalenKnighthawke, Apr 22, 2009.

1. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

May 12, 2008

In everyone's best judgment, is there any point to a low level of Parry (I'm thinking in the 30 to 50 range, probably around 40).

This would be for PvM. Maybe PvP on a very incidental and occasional basis.

-Galen's player
  2. I wouldn't waste the points on it if that's all you're going to invest.
  3. Mistura

Mistura Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

May 29, 2008

From Stratics Parry Calculator:

At 40 Parry

Chance of blocking with a shield: 10%
    Chance of blocking with a 1-handed weapon: 5%
    Chance of blocking with a 2-handed weapon: 5%

At 120 Parry and 100 Dex

Chance of blocking with a shield: 35%
    Chance of blocking with a 1-handed weapon: 20%
    Chance of blocking with a 2-handed weapon: 20%

Not sure how much 10% chance of blocking would actually do for you in PvM but I guess it depends what you would be up against. I would say you could maybe spend the points better, depending on your template of course.
  4. Murderotica

Murderotica Guest

ive got a parry question also. if you have no weapon skill but have parry does dci still go along with it or do u need the weaponskill in order to use the dci. i know this is a warrior forum but i have parry on a alt mage. but no weaponskill. and just not sure if the dci will work or not.
  5. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Sep 13, 2004
    DCI supplements your melee Skill. If you have no melee skill (or equivalent like EVAL + anatomy or Mage Weapon), DCI is pretty much useless.

Parry effects your chance of blocking a hit that your melee Skill + DCI failed to block.

If you had 120 melee skill and no DCI (and your enemy has no HCI or HLD), you would block about 50% of the attacks from someone else with 120 melee skill. If you also had 120 Parry, you would block 35% of the remaining hits. Altogether, you would block 67.5% of all attacks.

If you only have parry, you would block 35% of all attacks. Not bad, but not as good as melee skill + parry.
  6. Murderotica

Murderotica Guest

just the right answer i was looking for thanks!!!!