1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Inscription] Any UOA tips for timing?

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by Samantha_deWintr, Jun 7, 2009.

1. I am trying to set up a UO-Assist macro to make about 12 recall scrolls and then meditate. I can't seem to get the timing right. I've tried pause for 650, 1650, nothing seems to work. 1650 seems like an awfully long pause but I keep getting "waiting for server" messages. Any tips?

~Samantha.

2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

rather than use the delay, us the condition 'wait till mana = #'

3. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I don't do that many scrolls at once using UOA. I do one at a time.

My macro is simple:

- Wait until mana is ## (whatever is required for that circle scroll)
    - Use item type (scribe pen)
    - select spell

If you end up with a menu selection to get to the right circle using the pen, delete that. You just need to use the pen and then select the spell to inscribe. As you can see I do one scroll at a time and hit the macro as needed. When my mana gets high enough it automatically inscribes the spell. If it fails, hit the macro immediately. I gave you some other tips in the inscription suit thread that might help you regenerate mana faster.

-OBSIDIAN-

4. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I have a simple, multiple use, 'make last' macro. Use item, then 9x 'menu select'. I put a 'wait till mana is 40 or greater' after each 'menu selection'.

I can reset the 'use item' at the top for whatever I'm doing. The same macro will then make 10 bone machete if I'm smithing, 10 gate scrolls if I'm scribing or 10 arcane robes if I'm tailoring. (as examples). The first item of the run is made normally, to set it as the 'last'