1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any Value - 15 Mage Weapons

Discussion in 'UO Trader's Hall' started by Merus, Feb 15, 2015.

1. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Any value these days on pieces like these?

magewep.png

2. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i am still looking for a sweet -15 mage one handed weapon with a hit spell.. or splinter (splinter would need to be clean or prized) that fork is prob worth around 1-5m

3. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

Anyone have a price check on the bow? Ranged -15 mage weapon with hit velocity and balanced for chugging pots...

4. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

for example the crafted ones that go for 8-12 m

are -15 mage... 15dci .. hp gen.. hit ll..

bow... no clue.. never tried.one without having archery.. and that was years ago.. seems nice only cuz the balanced... but your giving up a shield worth of other properties. probably though could get around the same.. most mages wear a quiver... why.not toss some arrow.in it. lol

5. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

This one is unenhanced, so you could add the 2hpr and the life leech, or some hit chance, or some swing speed. PvP wise you usually require a free hand or balanced... So it's a shield or a one handed weapon or a balanced 2 handed. I know it doesn't have the DCI that a lot of PvP weapons have, but DCI has been pretty easy to cap now that you can't overcap it. Was just curious though. Thanks for the reply.

6. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'd say they both have some value, its just all up to the person who can use it. Best bet is an auction

7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

i dont think you can imbue that bow, might want to check weights (minus the useless lower reqs and lmc)
    something might be different with range weapons too becuase i was never successful getting a 15 mageweapon. i didnt try a ton tho, so maybe someone with more experience reforging ranged mageweapons would know.

my biggest problem with the bow is the slow speed. ideally for that type of weapon you would want a majical shortbow.

you can get a shot off every 2 seconds with a shortbow with only 30 stam 25 ssi
    regular bow with same stats youd be shooting every 3 seconds, one third slower.

8. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie

I agree, can't imbue the bow, but it can be enhanced with the wood of choice. My thought was that even with low swing speed it still provides the same defensive capabilities as any other mage weapon, but has the added opportunity to damage/disrupt an opponent without standing next to them. May not be a popular strategy though.

At present the items are on Napa... Was just checking to see if they had enough value/interest to make it worth moving them to Atl.

9. Fusilli Zaitsev

Fusilli Zaitsev Journeyman

I've made -15 mage weap bows for giggles. It's kind of nice when working the spawn, especially with hit effects (esp hit area). Only problem I see with that one is the speed--its super slow. Magic shortbows or repeating crossbows are a bit nicer in that regard. So it definitely has a purpose and is even useful to have, but I've never actually managed to sell one on my vendor. All the ones I had--15 mage, spell channel, di, balanced or hit affect- ended up going for free to guildmates.

10. Cetric

Cetric Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

i made a -15 crossbow. i did it on accident though lol