1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any way to Ignore people in chat?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by FetchChessepeake, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Atlantic General is filled with useful, intelligent people who provide each other with tips, jokes, and general helpful advice. And they are drowned out every single night by a wall of "NNNEEEEWB MY PENIS IS BIGGER COME DUEL LOL NNEEEWWWB LOL" from 2 or 3 people. Is there any way to ignore someone in Chat?

2. Rupert Avery

i think if you put Said L33T people on your ignore list every character on their account will be gone from your speach sight :)

3. I believe you are wrong ...
    I believe you would need each character to be ignored to block an entire account.

@OP bad form to repeat the offending language ...

4. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

In the Classic Client you have to go into options, right side second from the bottom, where it says Ignore player, double click it and target the person you want to ignore.

NO clue how it works in the EC cus I don't use it.

I play a f2p game and the insults here are mild compared to what I see there, though they always resort to random comments about your mother when they run out of things to say.

Always found that interesting.

5. Rupert Avery

you may be right actually im thinking of house bans it bans for the entire account

6. Lol

7. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I think in the classic client it brings up a list of people that had recently typed in chat and you then just select their name. I thing I've only done it once just to see how it was done.

8. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you don't have to track them down..... when you bring up the ignore option there's a little box, the first line says 'new'........ double clicking that will bring up a list of everyone who has spoken in that chat channel..... click on the offending name and it's added to your ignore list

9. Awesome, thanks a lot. Will that just ignore them in Chat, or in game, too?

10. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

well, see, there ya might have to hunt them down and find out.... I'm always just glad to get them outta chat ;)

11. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Both, which some folks find an issue in PvP. Also, the list of people you can have on ignore at any time is rather small, so you may find you need to remove one or two to make room for new names if you start seeing too many morons loose in general.

12. Yea, that's a little disapointing. I had hoped it only affected Chat channels. Ah well, I'm glad the ability at least exists. Thanks.