1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Any way you can make it so we can control our "Animated Dead" from the necromancy spell Animate Dead

Discussion in 'UHall' started by HP_Zoro_HP, Aug 27, 2013.

1. HP_Zoro_HP

HP_Zoro_HP Seasoned Veteran

Any way you can make it so we can control our "Animated Dead" from the necromancy spell Animate Dead maybe in the nexct pub or something?

2. HP_Zoro_HP

not being able to tell them what to kill or to follow you is kind of a drag like cant use commands "all follow me" "all kill"

3. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If i remeber right, you can have two of them and they dont cost any follower slots. You cannot control them as you cannot do with blade spirits and energy vortexes. If those should become controlable, it should be done by introducing a new familar and them filling control slots. (Or maybe give that special minion the costs of 4 or 5 control slots: equal to 1 for the minion and two for each animated dead)

4. HP_Zoro_HP

Or maybe give that special minion the costs of 4 or 5 control slots: equal to 1 for the minion and two for each animated dead

if only you knew how weak the animated ones are already and we can only make 3 at most. Talk about messed up lol i'm asking for a buff to the spell and you're asking for a nerf pretty much.

5. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

So you want to have a necro mage, AND be able to control your three summons? You're not asking for a buff, you're asking to have 200+ additional skill points (taming/lore) on top of an already powerful template. I'll vote no.

The Zog historian likes this.
  6. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

If it was an option when you raised the creature, either controlled or uncontrolled, and if you chose 'controlled' it takes a control slot or more, depending on it's strength.... maybe. The idea of my tamer having, say a controlled and commandable nightmare, runebeetle, and three spellcasting 'animated dead' though, strikes me as way overpowered.

7. SixUnder

SixUnder Legendary Assassin

almost 10 yrs post AOS and this question.....just wow

8. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I play a necro a fair amount and even I have to go with a nope on this one. A necro with 2 skelle dragons running around is bad enough, they do not need the ability to control them as well. When I had necro on my tamer that was a Greater Dragon and 2 Skelle's running around with me.... if anything the animated ones should be counted just like any other followers.

9. Leira of Asrai

I agree that having control over risen dead would be over powered, however I do agree with the OP on one point...

It is a pain to raise 3 corpses to just have them wander off in the opposite direction. Yeah, I know that if you cast another spell right away they will follow you, but only for a while.

It would be nice if they fixed the AI on the raised. Give them the tendency to follow you more and only attack when the caster is targeted by an aggressive. This would make them more of a defense creature.

Kylie Kinslayer likes this.
  10. Kylie Kinslayer

Kylie Kinslayer Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I agree with you there fully.