1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anybody ever hunt here? (pic)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by meridus, Jun 13, 2008.

1. meridus

meridus Guest

Ankh Dungeon:

[​IMG]

2. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Nope. I dont have a Tamer.

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I've toyed around in Ankh Dungeon, but not in that area.

4. How does one get there?

5. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

Honesty shrine in Ilsh, through Mistas, up the pathway past the centaurs and serpentine dragon.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Thats a fun area to hunt with a group of players. I don't hunt there often as most players do not like the risk vs reward factor in there. I haven't tried any of the new pets in there it might be entertaining.

There are a few ways to get into that section of the dungeon.. I believe the easiest would be to enter ilshenar from the Honor gate and head south.

From the entrance I believe its east for a while then south, best to precast "An Lor Xen"

7. here leads to here

8. Hunters Moon

Hunters Moon Guest

Sad but true

Tamer in the dungeon: :thumbup1:
    Any other template in the dungeon: :gee:

9. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Just look at the number of winged killbots in that picture. Its basically suicide. Plus throw in the chance of a Paragon anything, and I may as well just throw a 5k check on the floor at Luna every 15 minutes. Same result and I dont have to hunt around for a res.

10. Luc of Legends

Luc of Legends Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ok.. I am totally lost.. (which if anyone know Luc isn't that hard of an feat) I went to Anhk dungeon all I saw was Ratmen, Skeletons and other assorted low to middle level monster. I went through all entrances found no dragons. (Pull out tattered Map and looks at it again.)

Please can someone put a U R Here pushpin so i have a clue.

Thank you

Luc :grouphug:

11. meridus

meridus Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you use this entrance, you arrive in a hallway of low level skeletons and such. A turn or two leads to the hall depicted. The other entrance means passing blood elementals and the like.

Cheers

12. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I've hunted in Ankh frequently. I know all the ways in, how to find daemon, blood ele, rotting corpse etc, but I've never seen dragons and skeletal dragons in there. They're not on the list of monsters in the dungeon on Stratics either. Can someone post a dungeon map with their location please?

13. Azureal

Azureal Guest

Those yellow mobs are Paragon right? Hahahahaha.

Sweet.

14. Luc of Legends

Okay.. This is totally weird. either i am missing a patch/pub/upgrade... but none of that is in the 2d i am playing. i am standing in that hallway.. I am totally confused.

>.<

15. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

That skeletal para looks kool I need to go find me one.

16. meridus

meridus Guest

Hmmm....
    Well I play on Pacific. Stumbled across them quite by accident about a month ago. Don't really know how anyone would really take on 5-6 Shadow Wyrms and a bunch of Skeletal Dragons. Mixed in with them are Lich Lords.

What Shard are you on Luc?

17. Luc of Legends

I am on Legends AKA the Red-Headed ******* Redneck Stepchild Shard.. LOL

18. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Used to hunt there. BOS change made any ilsh hunting pretty pointless on siege though.

19. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

maybe it's shard specific? I just checked the whole of that prison area with my stealther on Europa, nothing there but minor undead.

20. Shard mention made it worth a look ... LOL quite a feeew in there ... not on the list ... skeletal dragon, shadow wyrm, stone gargoyle, searing gargoyle, burning gargoyle, fiery gargoyle, blistering gargoyle, ...chaos daemon, arcane daemon ... a moloch (afew actually), "the Slayer" and Lord of the Abyss (more than a few too!)
    sprinkling of "Paragons" for each ...

oooohhh brrrrr

21. Maximus Neximus

Maximus Neximus Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran 4H

I go in that direction once a month or so..... I didn't recognize the KR Picture at all. Had to read a few posts below of where you were talking about. 2D4tehwin!

22. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

It's been a while since I've been in the Ankh dungeon in the area you showed, but I know Baja had skeletal dragons there, oh maybe about 1 1/2 years ago. When I went there on GL about six-eight months ago, it did not have the skeletal dragons. Am guessing the skeletal dragon spawn may be shard-specific.

23. lucitus

lucitus UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

ohh meridus youre naked, what is wrong with you? lol :gee:

24. legendsguy

legendsguy Sage
    Stratics Veteran

ha ha ha... that says it right there. i agree 100%. good old tamers.

25. Dermott of LS

Stratics Veteran

ohh meridus youre naked, what is wrong with you? lol

I'm guessing he has Honor active while taking the pics, otherwise, the mobs wouldn't be acting quite so oblivious.

26. If its a VERY short walk or I can recall or gate then I go there, since that place is in Ilsh and we cannot recall there I do not go unless its a guild event and there is more folks around to fight the spawn.

27. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

i can never get honor to work :(

28. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Yeah i came across it the same way. Curiosity got the best of me and i went there with my pup and we got whipped good :sad3:. Took us a good 4-5 deaths to finally take down 1 skel dragon. Those things are NAS-TEE... They Make it impossible to vet with the aoe spells and retarget alot. The shadow wyrms aren't so bad and have some pretty good loot.

29. Used to, don't recall that kinda stuff being there on LS.

Haven't been in an Ilshenar dungeon since they took away bags of sending. It's kinda pointless to have to run in and out every four or five minutes to a bank. Shame, too...used to really enjoy taking a group to one of those dungeons.

30. Lyconis

Lyconis Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Re : meridus

I enjoy fighting that area with dexers (fencers, macers, archers), sometimes mages and in a rare blue moon a tamer. My templates are more streamline with the base skills and not all the fancy mixing of necro, chiv, bushido... To handle 5-6 shadow wyrms and skeletal dragons with every other one a paragon you just need to use tactics. Pull mobs out of the middle of the spawn, drag them to the side and beat em down. The 2d "pulling" macros.. next target and attack last (not the new super graphic targeting gump) allow you to pull mobs from off the screen. I never understood why the new targeting gumps in 2d and KR are so limited in the range (2 or 3 tiles makes a HUGE difference).

Its really not a place to go if you like to use blunt force and tank in the middle of a spawn. Tactics, tactics, tactics and no I do not mean a skill.

31. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

There are three entrances to the dungeon - Serpentine Passage, Ki-Rin passage and the one entrance shown in the big pics above.

It's fun to visit, but I've not gotten the urge to hunt there regularly, as I wouldnt do it without backup.

32. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I pretty much avoid Ilsh because of the Paragon(s).

Doing Taming in Destard is bad enough as it is getting to be pretty much wall to wall Wyverns, Draks, Dragons Greater Dragons. If EAM doesnt stop this soon there will be more than one of those mobs per tile and good luck doing anything in there then.

33. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

No big bad uglys in Baja's Ankh Dungeon, worst I found was a para blood and a para named mage. The only thing with wings was a lone demon.

34. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I just checked the Ankh dungeon on Baja. There are still skeletal dragons spawning there, in the small room at the bottom corner of the dungeon that has a little wishing well structure in it. On Baja the other spawn in the room consists of several things called "a shadow fiend the Unseen." I'm not certain, but I think the shadow fiends, at least, are from an old event.

Here's a screenshot from this morning:

[​IMG]

Also, there is a map to this dungeon on Stratics at http://uo.stratics.com/content/atlas/ilshenar-ankh.php.

I used to hunt in this dungeon with a friend. We'd take our archers and have a great time. It was challenging but if we were careful and watched out for each other, we did fine.

35. meridus

meridus Guest

I always thought the spawn was the same on each shard. I guess that isn't the way it is. I wonder if there is a room somewhere full of Ancient Wyrms :) On Pacific the same dungeon also has a room full of Balrons and the like.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!