1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else able to Blackrock infect anything recently?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ivan - MT, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Ivan - MT

Ivan - MT Guest

Seems over the past week I've not been able to infect anything at all. Was this "fun" feature turned off recently?
    I still have many, many more chests to collect. Anyone else having the same issue as me?

2. Cazzador

Cazzador Guest

2 wolves and mongbat. Couple days ago.

3. laurlo

laurlo Guest

honestly I have never had anything become infected around me... and yes the character is infected and carries blackrock

4. Juicy Fruit

Juicy Fruit Guest

Don't think I have had anything go recenlty either, do you hear voices luarlo?

5. dielock

dielock Guest

Since the last patch I hear voices but have not had one Blackrock infected creature.
    I normally get anywhere from 2 to 5 creatures per hour I am in the dungeons.

I think they broke it.

6. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Hmmm...now that you mention it, I haven't infected anything either. But then I never seem to infect the good stuff. Dogs, cats, cows, wolves, chickens. Hmm maybe I should carry blackrock on my archer see what happens.

7. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Huh... I don't really know anything about blackrock. I have a new account, about a month old now. My main character is a peace warrior. There have been a few times now where I heard voices... meaning, it was like I was listening on someone else's conversation. One night I was playing at around 2AM and conversation was appearing on my screen... it seemed to be between two people, one of which was helping out the other in learning the game. It ended with various hugs and goodnights. I was getting this no matter where I went. I've also had a couple other occasions where I was receiving odd battle texts but I wasn't in battle or anywhere near any.

As fas as I know, the character has never had any blackrock... although I'd seen it on vendors. And the "voices" are only occasional.

Funky. Is it possible I was somehow infected from being near someone else who was infected? Maybe by checking it out on vendors? Dunno. Or maybe it's something entirely different.

8. Ivan - MT

Ivan - MT Guest

I normally have no problem infecting stuff each day. I have a runebook full of locations I run through each day and I always infect 2-3 creatures each time. Last week+ I've not infected anything...not even a dog. Bah!

9. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Also, what does infecting a creature do, and how do you do it? By just running around and being near them?

10. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

If you're infected, yes running through most anything in Tram/Fel can cause an infection. If the creature has a chance to spawn a map, then you also get a blackrock infected box with that creatures name on it. But be caerful, blackrock infected creatures are several time stronger than their normal counterpart. Not bad for lower end but some of the higher end can take you by surprise.

11. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Thanks for the info. I've not come across any infected creatures but I mostly hunt in Ilshenar.

Does it sounds like I may be infected? And if so, any idea how it may have happened? Not that I mind. I like hunting Paragons, and this sounds like just another type of that. I just have no idea how it may have happened... or maybe it's a bug or something and I'm not infected... just hearing the voices somehow.

The UOGuide says you have to experiment with blackrock to become infected. How so?

Thanks!

-Teh newb.

12. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

First you'll need a pece of blackrock and either at least a gm mage or necro. You cast the Armagedon spell (you just say it). It may take a few times but eventually you get this big explosion. Not certain if this still infects but I would assume it does. Or you can just carry the piece of Blackrock on you. You won't "hear" the voices, but it'll work the same.

Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym

Above is the words to use, place the piece of blackrock on the ground and keep saying it. It'd be safer to carry it though. You can leave it behind and not worry about infecting anything. Those of us foolish enough to have infected ourselves are stuck with those voices.

MAKE THE VOICES STOP!!!

13. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

Gotcha. Well, I've definitely not done any of that. I guess I'm just lucky and get to hear the voices sometimes. ;)

14. Ivan - MT

Ivan - MT Guest

I had to blow myself up with Blackrock well over 10 times before I got infected with level 2 infection...that meaning I have a chance at infecting other nearby creatures.

Creatures in Ilshenar can't be infected by the way...argh.

*ponders the amount of black chests in Ilshenar I can't get*

15. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Oh Ivan don't even think that way!! Can you imagine a blackrock infected paragon Balron or worse an Ancient worm. Granted I'd love to have one of those boxes! And that would bring more groups out, but yea that would suck big time for the innocent walking around.

16. dielock

dielock Guest

I want to bring this to the attention of the Dev. Team. I think the last patch broke something and the Blackrock monsters are not working.

Fix it please. I miss my Blackrock Super Dragon.

17. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

for about a two week period this past year I heard voices like that but they were in Japanese text... I don't read Japanese :( haven't had it happen in a while, thankfully

18. Ivan - MT

Ivan - MT Guest

A dev response would be nice. I tried again last night and had 0 luck. The voices still continue chit chat with me non stop.

19. Rotgut Willy

Stratics Veteran

I've had both Japanese as well as English. I figured in all cases I was having other peoples conversations and screen messages appear on my own screen. First time it happened I was pretty confused... At first I kept looking for who the heck was talking to me. lol. Of course, it was 2AM, I was tired and just finishing up some things before logging. It sounded like a pretty personal conversation too.

20. Ivan - MT

Ivan - MT Guest

Any chance at getting an update on this from a Dev? Possibly FoF comment would be fine as well.

21. Oriana

Oriana Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

*points to sig*

You know the drill!!!

22. zorgon

zorgon Guest

Ok, So I was giving the black rock spell a try "Vas Kal An Mani In Corp Hur Tym" and a Blue Wisp appeared and said do I wish to exchange information? It then left after a while and said to contact it again when I have more information. Any idea where I can find this information?

23. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

*refuses to admit to having any junior warriors carrying blackrock deliberately*

I wonder if it broke when they made it insurable?
    Or if the corrupted townsfolk ended up usurping that code?

24. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Mmmm... A Blackrock infected Crimsondragon......... :D

25. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yeah, I just tested this myself...no infections

26. Ivan - MT

Ivan - MT Guest

Yeah, but I've lost all hope in getting results that way, and they never reply back with a comment anyway.....which is why I'm hoping for a Dev reply here instead, better chances at that imo.