1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else experiencing excessive CPU usage and lag in the 2d client since the last patch?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_GalenKnighthawke, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Subject line says it all.

-Galen's player

2. nay, check other background processes?

3. <blockquote><hr>

nay, check other background processes?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope.

Well, ok, obviously there are other processes running. But nothing abnormal, nothing that ain't always there.

Thought of that.

-Galen's player

4. Ziimo29

Ziimo29 Guest

Yes, I was lagging like crazy tonight.

5. yeah. Im on a business line at the fire department here and was lagging pretty bad last night. Felt like dial-up

6. Yup CPU running like crazy with just UO running and UOA, tunr UOA off UO still hogging CPU

7. If you have uoa say...

"-reducecpu", when you log in a character...
    "-RELEASEMEM", once in a while...

Hope it helps.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

2D with UOA was about 5-10% more CPU usage, and RAM usage was up a flat 10% - at 51% used. The CPU and RAM was monitored in the PCD screen of a G15 keyboard while simply GM-ing Tailoring at the house.

Normal CPU usage is 40-45% and RAM somewhere 35-43% depending on locale and activity.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

You didn't know UO is running programs to check what programs your running?

10. angelus aconitum

angelus aconitum Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I had a little lag in the rift for 1-2 seconds, but beside that one I had no problems.

11. <blockquote><hr>

Subject line says it all.

-Galen's player

[/ QUOTE ]

I seem to have fixed it.

Was my fault.

[​IMG]

-Galen's player

12. <blockquote><hr>

If you have uoa say...

"-reducecpu", when you log in a character...
    "-RELEASEMEM", once in a while...

Hope it helps.

[/ QUOTE ]lol, not on my system, besides I already said UOA was not the problem.

13. <blockquote><hr>

2D with UOA was about 5-10% more CPU usage, and RAM usage was up a flat 10% - at 51% used. The CPU and RAM was monitored in the PCD screen of a G15 keyboard while simply GM-ing Tailoring at the house.

Normal CPU usage is 40-45% and RAM somewhere 35-43% depending on locale and activity.

[/ QUOTE ]WOW, my normal CPU usage is like 5% unless I am running 40 things at once. Or UO