1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else having problems?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trinny, Jan 17, 2012.

1. Trinny

Trinny Guest

I logged onto UO earlier today with no problems, but I tried to log on 10 minutes ago and got this message "the client could not attach to the game server. it must have been taken down, please wait a few minutes and try again"

Is this just me, or have the servers gone down? I presume not... I've tried restarting the game, my PC, no patch info that I can see. Can anyone shed some light?

2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

No idea. For weeks now, I get the old "connection lost" box a lot. And then can't log back in because of a "synchronization error", have to completely close down UO and start over.
    *shrugs*

3. Trinny

Trinny Guest

Hm... I can log onto a couple more other servers (Can get onto the server list, onto character list, then log in), but for European Shards: Drachenfels and Europa I can't. Hopefully it's not a problem on my end, would love to hear from others on these shards though.

4. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I received word, a little over half an hour ago, that Virgin Media are having one of those "major outage" things.
    The European Servers are in Dortmund, Germany (last I knew), so it likely wouldn't affect for all, but if you're in the UK on Virgin Media, that may be it.

5. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Yep I think its our old friend Virgin Media the source of the problem. I couldnt log into game and when I tried couldnt get online at all. Been like it a while for me but at least I am online again now so just going to try logging in again.

6. Zosimus

Zosimus Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

There are some heavy rain storms going across the east coast today in the US. It may be causing the issue. Second time in the past week I have seen lightning in January ever. Once before the snow storm last thursday night and this morning.

Wierd weather for this time of year in my parts. So if you are on the east coast it may be or have been the issue.

7. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Now I'm hearing it's unoutaging, so give it a try now.
    If it was a problem with Virgin, it should be sorted now :)

8. Trinny

Trinny Guest

Aye I am with virgin, but I didn't know they were having problems! Thanks for the info, can log on again now. :)

9. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

I get the same thing here in Florida.