1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else having trouble with your mouse?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Xenobia, Oct 25, 2009.

1. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Today my mouse started acting bizarre and only in UO. For example, if I single click on a chicken coop to take a chicken out or replace it, the mouse starts jumping like mad. This is a brand new Dell XPS 720 with a brand new mouse, and again, this only happens in UO. If I single click on myself and try to click on anything in the list, my mouse starts hopping. Of course, I have checked all connections and rebooted and things of that nature (the easy stuff first) but wondered if anyone else has had this issue. Oh and when I go to lock something down, the cursor does not go away until I move the mouse away from the item. When I recall off a runebook or a rune, the cursor stays up until I move the mouse away from those things. Hmmmm

2. Artemyth

Artemyth Guest

Do you play 2D or 3D? I haven't gotten anything wrong with mine. I also use a wired mouse, not a cordless... I noticed jumping on a cordless once. Can't remember if it was strictly UO or not.

3. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Go into options in your paperdoll. On the top right select interface and see if run mouse in separate thread is checked. I've found when my mouse acts up, I've somehow toggled it off. It drives me as batty as my mouser :p

4. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I run 2D and thanks for the info...I am trying it now

5. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

You are the bomb! Problem solved :) Thanks alot, that was sooooooooo annoying! :bowdown:

6. Chrille

Chrille Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Glorious Lord

Somehow if you have some character with this thing untoggled, its get set as default for the rest of the characters you login with after that one. So you have to be careful when trying to get it right. Because if you have had several chars logged in and makes the switch you change it for all of the chars that youve used so you can end up fixing one and make a mess for 3 others. I usually when I see a char with it untoggled logs out, restart client, change it, log out, restart again and then I know that char is fixed at least.

7. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

*sigh* I have changed this setting on all of my accounts but it will not save. Everytime I log into UO I have to change it and then restart the client. VERY annoying!

8. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Aye I think something in the last patch/publish has buggered the option, I am having the same trouble and can't get the option to stay selected.

9. AirmidCecht

AirmidCecht twitch.tv/airmid
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Hrmm, ya know come to think of it, I hadn't noticed this problem until recently.

10. Don't know if this will work, but can you write protect the settings file? I forget the name of the 2D file with these settings, but at one time you could manually edit the file and write protect it. The program may over-write it anyway.... wait, I have a stratics link that might help... *looking* ... ahh, it's UO.cfg file

http://uo.stratics.com/content/misc/cfg.shtml

These are the lines you need to set to slow according to Stratics (may have been changed in later versions of the 2D client):

Mouse=[Slow]
    MouseThread=[Fast/Slow]