1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else in the game industry here?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by THyRoID99, Oct 15, 2009.

1. THyRoID99

THyRoID99 Guest

Just curious if anyone else working in the game industry is playing UO. I can't be the only one? And im talking about people other than Mythic devs :)

2. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I've seen a few people post that they're in school for game design, but not sure about actually working in the field yet.

3. jfkeach

jfkeach Guest

I am retired now, but used to be. My first job after getting out of the Navy was as a game tester for a large corporation's new interactive game division in San Fran. I ended up establishing their QA and Tech Support departments for that division, and it was a blast. That is how I got into Ultima. They paid me to play PC Games, and bought me any game that was on the Market to play to compare to our products. Ultima is the only game I play, and the only one I played more than a couple of hours, ever. Except for freecell.

4. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm in whatever industry will have me :)

5. Harb

Harb Guest

If player votes count I'm all for it :)

6. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

im one of those

7. Xenobia

Xenobia Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

My son is in school for it. He LOVES it! I hope that one day he gets his dream job of working in the industry.

8. Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Barter Town

I used to be (a long time ago) right out of high school I was a Computer Science major. That only lasted a year. Thankfully, those plans fell through.

:scholar: