1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else lose items on a vendor?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Goodmann, Aug 15, 2012.

1. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

im sure this affected more people but I had a christmas box labeled as not for sale but with items in it. Well after server up the box is gone/along with items??? Is this the vendor fix coming? Since when can't you label a box not for sale and have items in it?

2. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Seems like there was a uoherald post a few days back about some changes to containers on vendors marked not for sale. My guess is your box got caught in this and got marked for sale... for like 10 gold and someone bought it. Just a thought.

3. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Only thing i can figure out is there was an item inside the box not for sale which made the whole box for sale? I guess someone made off 100m for 10gp (unless the honest person returns the items). My other boxes are not affected that have no items in them. Good Work EA!

4. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What exactly in it was not for sale then?

5. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

a reagent (display) was not for sale thus making the whole box for sale i guess

#5 Goodmann, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
  6. Crysta

Crysta Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Then it was definitely your own fault? Previously reagents had never been able to be not for sale; always been quite specific that its just books and containers. Just because its suddenly possible doesn't mean you should do it (remember people dying their paperdoll backpacks? Among other things, of course), and you've been around long enough to know better, really.

#6 Crysta, Aug 15, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2012
    Lord Frodo likes this.
  7. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I guess it was my fault fault for allowing 1 reagant to be labeled not for sale so someone could buy a whole box. It is no fault of the bad coding that allowed this to happen. I guess i need to spend more time looking at every item in ultima online and check them on vendors to see what can be put on for sale and not. I have been around long enough and probably know 10 fold of what you know about UO but now i know something else = do not follow game mechanics until there has been weeks of testing after a publish. Better hurry out of this thread and go report some thrilling lake superior news..........:banana:

Arrgh likes this.
  8. SlobberKnocker

SlobberKnocker Slightly Crazed

serves you right for the egregious prices you've been charging all these years. LMAO.

9. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

The "fix" that devs made for the "bug" they introduced some days/weeks ago turned to introduce a new "bug" that makes all the spellbooks and runebooks impossible to store on a vendor as "not for sale". That means, all the spellbooks and runebooks that were stored on a vendor as not for sale are now for sale with a random cheap price.

I just saw how some hidden guy just bought tons of old runebooks "made by", "[exceptional]" and probably the html runebooks too, from an ATL museum.

Sadly, the devs does not play this game or test the code they write on production shards.

10. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

People were warned this fix was going in. Runebooks and spellbooks are not among the things that can legitimately be set 'not for sale'.

11. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

I started to play in Aug08, I think I've put runebooks and/or spellbooks "not for sale" on a vendor since these days. How I (or anyone else) will know if runebooks or spellbooks were not legitime items to be set "not for sale"?
    Anyway, I lost about 100 invasion books from a vendor but I dont miss em, in fact I wasnt even gonna try to sell them so its ok. Its just sad to see that the dev team doesnt care much for the players.

12. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I respect that it was posted. Honestly though, I didn't see the update on UHall when I checked it and I didn't see it on the update prompt when I logged into UO. If I had seen it, I would have removed mine. Thankfully someone in the community checked my house and bought/saved my books for me (Thank you Halister. I love you and I want to have your pixel babies.).

It wouldn't have been the financial value of my runebooks that would have upset me, but the memorable ones that I wouldn't get back. I know they warned us by having it on uo.com. I know it was not intended for us to keep runebooks. However, for all those who didn't have a guardian angel to save their collections... I wish the warning had been made more public and they gave more time. I can't imagine coming back from a vacation to the loss. To all who lost memories, you have my condolences.

#12 Assia Penryn, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  13. Salivern_Diago

Salivern_Diago Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

They posted it on UO Herald. That is the offical line of communication from the UO mangement to the player base. If players ignored that message then that is at their own risk.

It was a bug and it was fixed with advanced warning.