1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else seeing Giant Turkeys popping in and out?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Trebr Drab, Dec 1, 2009.

1. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Trammel, in the wilds, I see them every once in a while. One will pop in for something like .5 seconds, and disappear.

2. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I was marking a lot of runes yesterday and kept seeing...something...flash on the screen, but when I would check my journal there wouldn't be anything in it. It would mostly be out of the corner of my eye as I was checking my list of locations. I thought I was going cuckoo... :coco:

3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

Yep.
    Don't tell me they removed the Turkeys by deleting them whenever they spawn, instead of just turning off their spawn. :confused:

4. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Maybe we need some trackers?

5. Claire Repair

Claire Repair Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Good to know that im not the only one who thinks she slightly goes nuts.
    See them poppin up around my house for a millisec and then disappear.

Weird.

/Claire

6. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

Now I've got The Harbinger outside my house.

Edit: Oh, I see it's a spawn from an essence or something. *shrugs*

7. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

We saw the same thing happen last night. So, its happening for sure.

8. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

:confused: Because you say so? :lol:

I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure I will. If this many people have seen it, it's only a matter of time before all of us see it. I don't spend much time "in the wilds" though. I stick to dungeons most of the time but I will keep my eyes peeled for turkey flashes.

9. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Go crazy? Don't mind if I do!

[​IMG]

10. Apetul

Apetul Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
    Stratics Veteran

Yep, the turkeys spawn in front of my keep for a half of a second and then dissapears.

11. Fink

Fink Guest

For some reason I thought I was seeing kraken appear in the outer keep of my castle, but I'm to believe they're turkeys now.

12. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yes we've been noticing this behavior on Great Lakes at least for sure since they were "turned off"..... Monday was it?

At first we all thought we were losing our minds but then we found no we were infact seeing turkeys...

We also thought it was happening only in the EC but then we realized that No it was also happening in the 2d client.

Hopefully a "fix" for this is pending in the next publish..... one that might perchance include our xmas gifts???

Wouldn't that be cool.

13. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

We were doing our leftover maps, and one of use hatched a turkey, that immediately despawned.

Apparently the code that was suppressing the turkey spawn went in around Midnight GMT, as around then, turkeys became scarcer and scarcer. I killed the last known turkey in Trammel, Lake Austin, at 7:45 AM Eastern (15 minutes before server maintenance), after having it follow me to the Compassion crossroads from Vesper in a vain attempt to get it to fight something else in Yew, 4 hours previous. We lost track of it for a while (it did the "target recalled away" boogie to the Sphynx area of the desert, and took an hour to find when I returned for it), and I essentially had to get my dragon to fight to the death several times while I was a ghost, to finish the job (the bird was down to about 7k when we lost it, and was still well below half HP when found).

14. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Guest

its the new Ghost turkey they just pop in and out like a Ghost

15. Restroom Cowboy

Restroom Cowboy Visitor

mmmhhmmm....sure sure. :)

16. Adora

Adora Guest

Why did they put in code to suppress the spawn, rather than just taking out the the spawn code altogether and letting any remaining turkeys be slowly eliminated?

17. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

because taking it out would require a publish, and they didn't want to publish until it was time to release the Christmas gifts.... It might also mean that the Turkeys will spontaneously reappear next year...

18. Ivorythorn

Ivorythorn Guest

I haven't seen any "flashing turkeys" on Great Lakes. Are you sure you guys didn't save some of that moongrass? Come on fess up! Maybe a little too much Harvest Mead? :pint: Hhhmmmm...?

Ivorythorn :mf_prop: