1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else seem to gain imbuing in streaks?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ender, Sep 24, 2009.

1. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Like I'll go through a few hundred residue with no gain, then I get like a full point in about a minute. Kinda whack if you ask me.

2. Warsong of LS

Warsong of LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I am see-sawing my attempts, if I do not get a gain, I increase the % I am applying, then if I get a gain I lower it back down on the next attempt, seems to work

3. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It seems a little streaky to me, which probably means its fine. I mean, maybe I'll use a couple hundred MR and no gain, then suddenly get two gains on the same item. I change up my percentages though I stick as close as possible to 60% as I can, I'll go as low as 54 and up to 65. I'm at 112.something btw.

4. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The rng monster taketh and the rng monster giveth. All the way to 120 I would get two sometimes three gains in a row then nothing for 50-100 attempts. All skills I have raised through consuming resources over the years have gained that way. Very streaky.

5. Ender

Ender Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I'm at (I think) 96.3. Going to be forever til 120. I've only got like 700 residue right now too :(

6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

All skills have these streaks. :)

7. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I believe Draconi intended to write us an essay about the RNG back in the spring side of summer before the devs seemed to collectively go "oh, you were serious about that SA shipping date?!" and vanished into the dungeons for a season.

8. Deepwoods

Deepwoods Guest

I have to agree with most i will gain 3or 4 tenth then not gains any for 100 to 150 attempts
    im at 102 imbuing and its So Slooooooooooooow !!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Not as streaky as you are, but I do notice little streaks. There will be times where I will go through 20 successful attempts and not gain, then suddenly the next 4 or 5 will give me a gain on every single success.