1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone else- strange things happening?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jade of Sonoma, Sep 30, 2011.

1. Jade of Sonoma

Jade of Sonoma Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Anyone else .. with a mystery?

A new first one and only vendor which I had placed earlier today in my Arctic Castle to hold empty chests temporarily, did a strange thing: This evening, when I clicked on her to add more chests to her bag, a 'set security' menu appeared. Surprise. So I set security to "friends only" to see what would happen.

Then real life called me away from the computer. Later I returned and started working on clean up ... and - -

(look I don't think I going nuts here.. I don't think.. but)

On coming from the Luna SHop via teleporter to the Castle on Arctic Island, I stepped off the teleporter, tripped over a chunk of snow and .. fell through the floor.

So, STUCK, feet on the snow under the castle and head in the downstairs room, and about to take a screen shot .. blip .. Lost Connection.
    - - logged back in. All seemed normal.
    BUT ..

After the lost connection.. I went to the vendor to check her again and now I can't get the "Security Menu" to show.

*goes back to see if it changed again - - I wonder if that vendor is still set to "frriends only" ???? would be fun.. I'd keep her for extra storage*

2. Trebr Drab

Trebr Drab Guest

This is what happens when people play with Blackrock.

3. olduofan

olduofan Guest

I was once in the Arctic and it was a bit cold so I docked my boat and went in search of a warm place and found a an inn well the head winch let me stay in her warm nahhh its a dull story anyhow...

4. [​IMG]
    You are taking
    Chantrix as a
    quit smoking aid ...​

5. Jade of Sonoma

I knew I shouldn't have posted this! :coco:
    ALL is back to normal - as though nothing happened -
    But it did happen! It did!
    - - and the vendor is letting anyone look at her goods.
    and I am walking on top of the floor now and not under it.

6. Now now ... keep'em coming ...
    it takes a shade of courage to put something out there that >only might be< the first indication of trouble

EXACTLY like what you did thar ...
    it wasn't and we can laugh and go *whew* ...

Then ... one day ... it actually >might be< a first sign of trouble ...

Take the oceania Server problems ...
    I was QUITE sure that the Oce peeps were over re-acting ...
    oops! great googly moogly!

The Server Actually Had Been Moved To the other Side Of the Equator ...

>I Had To< apologize for the early harsh treatment I had generously HEAPED upon them
    whole crepes and canap├ęs

*shrugs*
    Like I said, keep'em coming ...You will pull a few shots ... Right or Wrong
    BUT, and this will likely be true even after i leave ...
    There will ALWAYS be a few that will check
    investigate
    test,
    trial,
    re-examine
    and experiment upon

Any and all "First?" observations.

more better data
    =
    more better knowledge.

yw, carry on, G'Luck and G'Day ! :danceb:

7. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I like how you write...like Fayled except legible. :)

A vendor security function will probably never happen because people would, of course, just use them as storage. But if we'll never get the ability to sell guild-only and such, it would at least be nice to think we might one day be able to assign co-owners, which would allow multiple people to manage one vendor.

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

just hit print screen - saves it in memory - least that way you get One pic

9. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah

Any rubble shrooms in your castle? :danceb:

10. Miri of Sonoma

Miri of Sonoma Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It could be the glare from all those glacial staffs has finally sent you over the edge Jade! *chuckles*

11. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Jade I believe you I have seen tons of weird things happen in game.

12. Jade of Sonoma

Everyone's replies are appreciated .. some of which sent me into convulsions :lol: Seriously .. rubble shroons in the castle? It's all good! Laughter is the best medicine!

Yes Mirt - weird bugs, glitches and worse yet, catching Devs/GM working on projects in various areas that we 'happen upon'.

On after thought, what possibly affected my vendor's settings is one of those "glitches" added to a high transparency setting? I had placed vendor, 'Pearl' next to newly stacked empty White Chests, dressed in semi-white Kamishimo. The 'set security' options could have been picked up from chests directly behind her? I repeatedly clicked on her figure from her toes up to her head and all I could get was the 'set security' icon. Later, after losing connection and logging back in, the vendor was back to normal.

A well known glitch could be connected to the vendor, which I call an OVERLAY glitch (for want of a better term): When changing from one shard to another, portions of houses from the other shard appear over top of houses and block movement around them. This happens too when moving from Trammel to Felucca and is corrected by logging out and back into the game. (Now please don't tell me no one else has had that happen to them!)

As for falling through the floor .. that has happened, and worse, in years gone by in houses but I have always recalled out when it happens or called a GM for help. Every house has bugged areas.

So maybe there's a slight chance I'm not :coco: yet?