1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone ever counted...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Beastmaster, Jul 4, 2010.

1. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

...how many balrons it takes to earn the last dot on the path to honor?

I'm curious because I've been trying for awhile now on my mage and it seems to be taking an extraordinary amount. At last count I was up to 49 balrons for which I had earned honor. I'm killing them solely with ebolts, not partied, and no one else around. The only thing I can see that *might* detract from the amount of honor earned is the fact I don't stand still and let them hit me.

Isn't 49 a large amount for just that final dot?

2. Aibal

Aibal Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Not really, it probably takes that many succubus to get the last dot as well. I should have counted, as I just did the succubus yesterday, but it was enough that I had to send 45k in gold to the bank with a bag of sending and had about 12k more when I finally got the last dot.

3. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

It takes a *lot*

Try hunting in felucca, it'll gain faster and the dungeons are dead in regards to player activity.

4. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Your distance from the monster you are killing is also a factor, with a spell caster you usually aren't engaged in close quarters combat. You also get more honor by letting them land the first blow.

Oh and try Thrashers, much better than balrons.

5. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

87 and counting. This is getting ridiculous.

6. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

honor gain an amount equal to the damage done to the monster. this amount is bring back to 0 if you make a step when fighting at distance (archery, magery).
    If you fight with summons, only the 10% of the pet/summon damage is counted.
    so if you are moving or using summons, you'll need much much more time...

7. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

wrestling ftw

8. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

:thumbup1:
    Thrasher in fel will get you 0 - max in an hour or two.
    Bring a reptile slayer.

9. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

You haven't wrestled balrons lately. In an all 70's suit you're dead in 2 hits. I have 120 wrestling.

10. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Speed and damage output of Thrasher makes this unlikely for a MAGE. It can be done with EVs, but then that negates, to a large extent, the honor you gain.

11. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Sounds like a good explanation of what I'm seeing. What's your source for this info?

12. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

13. Garm The Green

Garm The Green Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

sorry to be ignorent but why would you want the last path in this virtue, on a mage?

14. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

15. HD2300

HD2300 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Succubi = Balrons > Thrasher > Demons

16. Flutter

Flutter Always Present

People get specific information through game play trial and error.

17. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

I used succubi and balrons to get dots 8 and 9 before I started this thread. I used EVs and ebolts to kill them. After over 100 additional balrons and maybe 20 succubi, I still could not get that 10th dot. Today I tried Thrasher after doing some homework on it. 16 Thrashers later I had my knighthood.

I tried 2 methods. I used a reptile slayer spellbook, legendary magery, eval, med, 2/6 casting, and a very good suit. My first batch I used ebolts and greater heals, but the mana consumption was too close for my comfort. For the second round I switched to mini heals and mindblasts. I managed the mana much better but I did have some close calls on the old redline. Both times this was standing toe to toe with it taking its damage. It hits for 15-20 on a 70s suit, but about half its blows penetrate your armor and you get the full 35 points damage. I didn't have alot of DCI, perhaps that would have helped, but the suit is geared for offense rather than defense.

Hope this helps any other mages out that would like that knight of honor title.

18. Splup

Splup Guest

Slayerbooks don't work with mindblast thou, except if there has been a change in mechanics. So if ur gonna stay toe to toe with the mob, I'd go for Harm spell with slayerbook, since Harm does good damage if ur standing in meleedistance.

19. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

Ebolts were doing 70-75. Mindblasts were doing 50-55. Mindblasts were faster (I think) and used less mana for sure.