1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Ever Try To Get Their Account Info?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Capt. Lucky, May 6, 2014.

1. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

Well I don't have the old email I played my account on. The password recovery process won't work for me. So I emailed Broadsword twice with their contact email. I was on vacation so I wasn't following it too close but they never contacted me. So I found another Broadsword email and tried that. That seemed to get a response. So after several emails I "proved" it was my old account. They asked for a valid email to link my old account to. Now it's been about 24 hours and this hasn't happened yet. Which is really annoying cause I want to open this account and place a house. Soooo anyone know how long this might take? Starting to get on my nerves a little :p

2. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

You may have to link your master account with your EA account, so you haven't registered at EA yet, go here, and try to login or sign up here https://www.origin.com

3. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

It may help if you have the old UO jewel case with the registration # for the account when it was registered.

4. Capt. Lucky

Well I can't link this account cause i don't have the password and I don't have that email address anymore to link anything. I don't need the jewel case (although I probably have it) as I gave them enough info that they believe it is my account. I have every single Ultima game made and probably 50 jewel cases just for UO, so I'm glad I didn't have to do that lol. I even have the original $5 beta cd for UO :) Contacting Mesanna might be a good idea. I'll give it some more time first.Supposedly all they need to do is link the account to my new email. I just wonder how hard can that actually be? Just venting currently :) I think it was something like this that got me to drop my 3 accounts originally lol. Thanks for the info everyone, it's appreciated.

5. Chrille

Chrille Journeyman
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Glorious Lord

well its broadsword, could be just that.

6. onion456

onion456 Visitor

yes, to be clear, the email above was a typo, should be broadsword with an S, not broadword.

keep at it, youll get it and youll be happy you did. =)

7. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Let me be the first to welcome you to the EA account opening team. I didn't know that they were looking for new hires but this reply seems to be fitting with the former level of service they have provided. I'm glad to see that the first action you have taken with this new role is to provide misleading advise, thank you kindly.

lulz

8. Capt. Lucky

I'm on the edge of giving up lol. If I don't hear from Mesanna today, forget it lol. I've been doing this since April 25th. I mean it's not her fault if she's super busy and doesn't get to it. But I need an account and just tired of waiting on this. I'm not even really bothered by it, when EA support helps me it's like a pleasant surprise lol. I never really think they will help me lol. Although it seems the ingame GM's have always done me really well with requests.

9. onion456

onion456 Visitor

it seemed like it took a long time for me as well, wasnt sure id even be successful but i was. and im quite glad i stuck it out, the chars on my account were fairly developed, and my account has 47 months on it, so im about to get 4th year vet reward =P

it sounds from your original post that you were already successful in identifying you as the account owner... so now youve logged on to mythic site using your new email address? gone to the 'link accounts' tab, found your uousername_uo and enter your uo password? or are those not showing up yet?

just trying to help, i know its a clunky system and everyone hates it. i was at least enjoying a trial account at the time.

10. Capt. Lucky

It's not showing yet. No response. When they said all they needed was my email to switch it over I was thinking something was gonna happen. But it's been a few days now lol I'm at the point I don't even care. Just want to build an extra house. I'm sorta an expert on this now lol. If you know your old email (and still have it active) everything can be done once you know the system. But I'm stuck right at that point. Just chatting at this point, waiting to see if anything happens. I'm pretty sure the only way this is going to happen is if I open another account. Then they'll be all over it lol. I have 2 accounts from the opening days of UO so it's not like I'm hurting. I'm thinking this account has a lot of stuff stashed away on it which is what I'm really drooling over :) It was my #3 account which I mostly used for storage :)

11. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

12. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I go directly to Mesanna because the support is an utter joke and Mesanna actually seems to get things sorted out.

Also that email address ([email protected]) is the old support one. This is the new one for support: [email protected]

13. Capt. Lucky

UPDATE: Success!!! I never would have believed it. Got everything set up. Going to go outside, have a smoke, and cross my fingers there's some sweet stuff left on the account :) If not at least I can build my spare house now :) Very happy atm! I am keeping these email addresses till I die ;) This certainly calls for a woot! On a side note my son is convinced he invented the "word" woot. I mean he really is convinced, lol. Funny stuff...

DJAd likes this.
  14. weins201

weins201 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

15. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Not true. I used [email protected] about two weeks ago to resolve and account issue. They responded within 48 hours. It took a few emails back and forth to prove I was the owner of the account, but they got the problem resolved.

-OBSIDIAN-

16. The Zog historian

The Zog historian Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Mesanna has a varied enough role and has been known to assist in things beyond her official duties. When account management support isn't helpful, can someone be blamed for reaching out to one of the highest powers, who might not be able to help herself but might be able to nudge someone? "Desperate times," you know. When I was a kid tasked only with fixing what PC problems I could over the phone, people being jerked around by a service center might still want to talk to my boss, who might not have authority himself but might know someone who does. I couldn't imagine the frustration of trying the official channels but not getting into my account at all, and at that point who wouldn't want to try contacting to any major name? In recent days I was getting no help at all from the official channel, but Mesanna herself fixed things.

17. Capt. Lucky

Sorry your not up with current events. Watch the Stratics video. She invited us to write her with problems, and mentioned reactivating accounts specifically. At our place everyone helps a customer any way we can if it's our job title or not. I glad she shares that old school work ethic with me. We get it done and the money flows. To quote from the UO site "For future inquiries and support, you can contact [email protected].". Things change brother, next time check your facts.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!