1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone got much experience with account retrieval?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jason-, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Jason-

Jason- Slightly Crazed

I have been back playing UO for a little while now. My main account has never been turned off for more than 3ish years at a time...so I never had much trouble getting it back on. It was recent enough that I remembered my info and things like that. BUT! My very first account was turned on in 98 I think and then turned off in 2001 and when I came back It was with a whole new account. I have never turned my original account back on. I recently have become interested in attempting to retrieve it...but I am not sure its even worth the trouble. I would have no earthly idea what the email address is so I don't think that would work and in the username I had a set of numbers at the end but I am not sure I remember them correctly. For example if my user name was foot123 I dont remember if its foot123 or foot321. Do you think its possible to retrieve this based on the info I currently have. I figure with my name they might can find it and then knowing most of the username may give me a chance. Just thought I would seek yalls advice and get some opinions. Thanks :)

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Your best bet is to go through the EA help menu and find the area where they call you... I've found that having them call you and being able to actually talk with a human being is far more productive and such. I believe they have some sort of system to help you retrieve a lost account.

Jason- likes this.
  3. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

forget EA help.... they are a waste of skin....if they have any! email Messanna is probably your only hope

Jason- likes this.
  4. Jason-

Jason- Slightly Crazed

Both helpful ideas. My country accent does get me things over the phone sometimes :) ....but I sure do hate talking to really big companies on the phone

5. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

This is some of the info they want, so have as much ready as possible

6. Jason-

Jason- Slightly Crazed

@Gilmour Thank you. I feel a little more confident now...I can name 4 of those for sure.

7. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

If you don't have your original email from that account any longer account retrieval will be useless. They would use that email to give you the information you want. You'll need to email [email protected] She will send you a questionnaire. It'll ask stuff like the account name, etc. Depending on how much information you can provide will determine if they will be able to find the account or not. Good luck! It would be better than starting another account cause at least that one would have some years on it for veteran rewards. Maybe something good in the bank box? I'll warn ya though I reactivated a very old account and the bank box was empty :p But I needed another account anyway.

8. AtlanticRealtor

AtlanticRealtor ICQ 647752375
    REALTOR

Contact me. I have helped a lot of people on get their accounts back, I deal with a lot of accounts every week, so I know some ways :)

9. Vor

Vor Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I tried to get my original account back a few RTBs ago. I know the username but not the password and way back then I can but assume it was on my dad's ISP email account which would be long gone.

10. Capt. Lucky

I'd email [email protected] If you know the account name and no one has used it in years she'll probably give it to you. Like I said she'll email you a questionnaire and just answer it as best you can.

11. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Got my wife's back, this is what I needed.

Email them saying whyat I needed, giving them the account name and last known ISP used.
    A valium and patience
    Email again giving them a list of the chars on the account (how ever many you can remember)
    repeat step 2
    Email a list of all the ways you paid that you can remember, CC, paypal, pay-by-cash, etc, even if you cant remember the #'s. Any info you can give to show you had knowledge of the account...inclucing last expansion/booster used, whatever. They will find it, give them time.
    Just remember steps two and four. =)

Scribbles likes this.
  12. Elenni

Elenni Stratics Sr. Leadership team member
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator

I had a terrible time trying to recover my old accounts, a week ago -- fortunately I eventually hit on the "right" email address I'd used, and all the accounts used that same email address. Had to get in touch with yahoo to re-activate that email, as I'd long since forgotten the password and changed phone numbers etc.

The good news was, once I had access to the email account, the EA Account let me reset the password and it "knew" about all my old game accounts, so I was able to link up Mythic Master accounts to that and re-activate them.

A lot of work to figure it out but...I'm glad to say, it WAS worth it!

Good luck! :)

13. Capt. Lucky

Yes that email account tied to the game account is the entire key to the lock. If you don't have that the Mesanna route is the only way. Bravo and well done getting that email account back, that is amazing :)

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!