1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have a transcript or recording of the HoC from last night?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Luisito, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Luisito

Luisito Visitor

If so, can someone post it here?

2. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

How much reading do you really want to do?

If you want to skip a lot of the filler and just read a good summary:

A Breakdown of Last Night’s UO Video House of Commons | UOJournal.com

If you are a glutton for punishment and want to read the full transcript:

March 1, 2011 UO Video House of Commons Transcript Part 1 | UOJournal.com

March 1, 2011 UO Video House of Commons Transcript Part 2 | UOJournal.com

March 1, 2011 UO Video House of Commons Transcript Part 3 | UOJournal.com

March 1, 2011 UO Video House of Commons Transcript Part 4 | UOJournal.com

I was surprised that I missed some stuff when I read through some of that, like the Magincia plots being treated separately - you pick the plot you want, and it's not just a random plot. I wonder if I could enter the lottery for all 44 plots on my shard. It is nice that Haven/Occlo will be returned and the new player stuff removed. I'm guessing they'll make the new player area more accessible, perhaps to Britain. Close to Britain would mean new players not feeling as isolated.

3. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Is there no recording of that video? I really would like to see it.

4. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Ahuaeyjnkxs stranger diamond

:lol:

edit :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CO8IrtBx-U0&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6gnL59Qfhg&feature=fvst

We... are ... uh ... exiting all business that violates the TOS...

Uh ?

Markee gems.

5. hawkeye_pike

hawkeye_pike Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Are you drunk?

6. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

You must be really drunk.

7. Ahuaeyjnkxs

I actually cannot get drunk because of bad mercury poisoning... it makes me sick to the stomach, even coffee does same thing, I am cursed/blessed with not being able to abuse anything.

But I admit it can be taken out of context, I'm just saying ; what a bad example of making lotto part of UO... I'm just making a stand.

Don't be worried I'm not about to commit any irrational acts and I am not going to stake my life on it ; in fact I think I will be leaving pretty soon as many of us, since we're just being ignored anyways.

Life goes on y'know...

asked like a true pirate, I am honored.

8. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

BTW, since by definition EVERYTHING in UO belongs NOT to the players, but to EA Mythic, technically wagers of in-game gold between players aren't changing the current or final ownership of the wagered currency (be it an in-game lotto for housing spots or in-game wagers in a PvP arena). After all, EA does not sell the gold to the players the way online poker sites sell additional chips to players, and the wagers appear to be gold only. The only money/gold transactions are done by parties not expressly authorized to do so, and in fact are discouraged.

Anyone trying to invoke gambling law as a deterrant to an in-game gold wagering system, therefore, would face an uphill battle in most nations. Comparisons to online poker sites are invalid on multiple points as noted above.

Furthermore, much as poker is considered a "game of Skill" not a game of chance, in some jurisdictions, PvP would be considered even more so a game of skill, and of course does NOT have any kind of amateur or professional association (and could hardly be considered a sport, as defined in sports gambling laws). Otherwise, picking up weapons and ammo in FPS multiplayer games would be considered "gambling".

9. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Money gold transactions are discouraged, badly...

that must be sweet to hear in a cooorrrruption free world, like UO...

As a matter of fact, my marbles were stolen along.

Noone must be responsible... noooooo

noone takes pity on poor old Ahu...

10. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

11. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

In the future, they should post an official thread asking for questions, with a deadline. After that, have somebody assemble the questions and then present them.

Reading through that summary a second time, they could have saved about 15-20 minutes if the questions had been grouped properly up front. The questions being asked in the real-time chat were the same questions being asked in the threads on UHall, so it's not like any would be missed. I also think they could have talked more about those topics if they had been grouped properly.

I also question why they seemed unprepared to talk about the EC or the enhanced artwork. How could you not know that players would be interested in that.

12. /partially agreed

They "should" try and get the "considered and validated" responses and interactions ...
    refined IN TEXT BASED format first(ie. know the flow of forums, what when where and why how to say simple stuff ... work towards the "complex") ...

and while working on that ...
    Take any one of the many many many >courses available< (Dale Carnegie, toast masters, speech 101, debate ....)
    re "public appearances".

Just saying ... would they have "posted" that particular session ...
    on a "dating site"?

:party:

:talktothehand:

13. Ahuaeyjnkxs

Is there really people interested in the EC and enhanced artwork ?

[​IMG]

Ok I guess I am really getting displaced...

uhh...

it seems more confrontational than anything...

hehe.

14. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Yes. There are people interested in such.