1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone have some advice for my UOA problem?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Mitzlplik_SP, Jun 21, 2009.

1. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

I recently re-subscribed to UO again. After downloading the 2d client,I than DL`d UOA and UOAM. I got UOAM working as it should but UOA is giving me some grief.Whenever I start it it seems it is still linked with my old UO folder.The 9th anniversary collection that used to be installed on here. 9th anniversary is gone,I don`t even have the cd`s anymore. How can I change UOA to start the right client instead of trying to start a client that isn`t there anymore? I searched through program files and stuff and cannot find the 9th anniversary folder.I deleted it off my system long time ago when I quit UO last time.Anyone ran into this problem before? I tried messing with UOA settings and even tried typing my own path but it still tries loading 9th anni.:wall:

This is exactly what it syays when I try to start UOA:

The UOPatcher (C:\Program Files\EA games\Ultima Online 9th Anniversary Collection\UOPatch.exe) is unaccessable or missing. UOAssist will not run until it is available to check for UO patches.

Now with me not having 9th anni anymore,how do I make it start the correct client?
    Thank in advance.

2. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

run regedit.exe (the registry editor)

then go to this subkey:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Origin Worlds Online\Ultima Online\1.0

on the right side it'll say: ExePath REG_SZ c:\progra~1\.........\client.exe <------- change this field so it's pointing to the right subdirectory

3. Mitzlplik_SP

Mitzlplik_SP Guest

Awsome! Many thanks Kojak. Worked like a charm,I`d have never figured that out.First time messin with regedit.

Thanks again!:thumbsup:

4. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

I'm having this issue as well, but my client in the registry is correct and I can't seem to get UOA to recognize it.

5. Seinken

Seinken Visitor
    Stratics Veteran

Same problems here, too...

6. OxAO

OxAO Guest

Would love to see this patched with the new world.

7. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You can manual select the correct client.exe file by pressing the settings button in the lower right corner of the UOAssist UpdateAce update screen.

8. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

JC: It doesn't work even after I do that.

9. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Try reinstalling UOAssist. Make sure no other UO installs appear in the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel.

10. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Tried reinstalling both and there's no other install of UO in my control panel.

Edit: I'm also not on Vista, so running it on administrator doesn't work :(

11. Rador

Rador Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ahh just solved my probs ! i installed uo new, and assist new, but did NOT help !
    then i just change in the registry the name form KR LEgacy beta (there where all reg path inside) to 1.0 ! That was all. now it works !

Dont know if someone can use this infos..

Cheers
    Rador

12. HeathBar

HeathBar Guest

I'm having the same issue on my Xp computer. I tried reinstalling and the registry thing but it didn't help. :(

13. Harlequin

Harlequin Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Run regedit, go to :

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist]​

Or the right, double click the key "FileToLoad", then change it to the path of your current UO folder.
    Try now.

If all else fails, move/rename your current UO folder to the one that UOA is detecting. But use it as the last resort because you may need to rename it back if you want to uninstall. You also need to update the default UO shortcut just in case you want to start UO without UOAssist.

14. Dude1598

Dude1598 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

i dont see what you guys are talking about with the Run regedit. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling and still having the same problem

15. lil debi

lil debi Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The ones that UOA wont patch..did you download any clients from the download page? If you already have UO installed on your PC all you need to do is be sure it is patched up to 60 I think it is.. or is it 80 (the latest patch) then use your upgrade code. No download needed (Classic Client) Your ready to play . UOA should work fine.

Automap is another story.

16. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

When you start UOA hit settings
    UO Location Use Registry location (should say) C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 9th Anniversary Collection\client.exe

or you may have to use User defined and just copy this

C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 9th Anniversary Collection\client.exe

17. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Just to clarify, my post earlier was directed at folks who still had a problem even after following Kojak's instructions in the 2nd post.

Are you having this issue where UOA says it can't find the UOpatcher or client? Or are you unsure of how to use regedit to edit the keys?

18. Dude1598

Dude1598 Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I am unsure how to use regedit to edit the keys

19. Devil_Woman

Devil_Woman Guest

Click on "Start" then "Run" and type "regedit" in the box that pops up and click okay. Then you will need to find the key Harlequin mentioned earlier. I'm not sure of the easiest way to do that. You could try pasting the key into the "Find" function from the menu. You may have to look through the menu items to find it, been a while since I ran the registry editor.

20. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Same problem.. I reinstalled 2 times.. It corrected the problem for the first run as soon as i closed UO the problem came back.

21. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

See if manually changing the registry settings work for you. Look through the previous posts for which registry entries to edit.

If you have not done registry editing before, you might want to make a backup first.

Or, just rename your uo folder to match the folder that UOA is detecting.

22. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

UOA is detecting the correct path. I'm familiar with regedit and I followed the instructions and the problem still remains...

23. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

Just to verify, are you getting the same prob as the OP? Ie a prompt from uoa that says it can't find uopatcher in your old uo folder?

Also, just in case, double if uoa reverted back to using the old path when you exit uo. You can use your mouse to highligt the path in that prompt and copy it.

Paste it in notepad.
    Then on the next line, copy and paste your UO path.

I know it sounds silly, but I know someone that didn't realize the path in UOA was missing a folder called "electronic arts". Well, not until comparing both paths in notepad, then it becomes obvious. The rest of the path is exactly the same, making it difficult to tell otherwise.

Worth a shot.

24. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

is it supposed to be going to uo.exe or client.exe? or does it matter?

25. Cardell

Cardell Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

My problem is similar to his.

The UOPatcher () is unaccessable or missing. UOAssist will not run until it is available to check for UO patches.

In the () is a square. I don't know how to make the symbol.. But its a square.

The path in UOA is:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online 2D Client\client.exe

and that is the same as the FileToLoad in the regedit:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tugsoft\UOAssist]

Now. In the [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client] there is only one default file. (Default) REG_SZ with no value/data set.

In [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\5.0.9] it was the same thing.

No files in either [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client] or [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\5.0.9]

Should I set both of the defaults to: C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online 2D Client\client.exe

Lol. im so sick of copy and pasting..

Now that I look again. There is no other files in [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\EA Games] either...
    Should there be?

Another thing. If I run UO without UOA it works just fine except uo.exe (the 'Ultima Online is Loading' popup) stays up in the background. If I end process it in task manager it closes UO completely. If I close UO.. UO.exe is still running in background and in task manager....

26. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

Cardell,

I replied to your PM regarding this issue. If it works for you, can you please share it with everyone else? Thanks!

27. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

It should point to client.exe as per your later post.

28. Harlequin

Stratics Veteran

If UOA is reporting that it cannot find uopatcher in this path, can you double check the folder path you installed UO to?

Make sure it's in
    "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online 2D Client\"​
    and not
    "C:\Program Files\Electronic Arts\EA GAMES\Ultima Online 2D Client\"​
    Or
    "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online Legacy Client\"​

To easily see the full path,
    1) use windows explorer to go to your UO folder, then click "view"->"toolbars" and make sure "address bar" is checked.

2) then from windows explorer, click "tools"->"folder options"->"view" and ensure "Display full path in the address bar" is checked.

Now you can easily copy and paste the exact path of your UO folder to notepad. Similarly copy the path in your UOA registry to notepad and do a compare.

If there's no default keys there, leave it be first.

This is an issue that certain people are getting. It's not happened to me so far, so I'm not sure what is causing this. Are you using dual screens?

29. Chaosy

Chaosy Guest

This is how I finally got mine to work:

Open up regedit. Go to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Origin Worlds Online/Ultima Online/1.0

In there, add a new string value named "PatchExePath" and set it to your uopatch.exe file

30. Simon

Simon Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Yay! That helped me! Thank you very much!

31. Saint of Killers

Stratics Veteran

Excellent. This worked for me also.

For clueless people like myself, the full line to put in your new string "PatchExePath" Value data bar (which comes up after you double click your new string) is:

C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Ultima Online 2D Client\UOPatch.exe

Loads without a problem now. Now to make all my macros again. :p

32. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Sage
    Stratics Veteran

This worked for me, I love you.

33. Corpse

Corpse Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Well I fixed my problem.. somehow messing around..

Went to Regedit etc etc to Ultimaonline 1.0, I noticed I only had 1 path in there to client.exe so i went to my kingdom reborn file and copied the path to the uopatch.exe. Then i proceeded to go back to UO 1.0 folder Made a duplicate of the Uopatcher path from KR in there, THEN went to Uoassist settings userdefined : C:\Program Files\EA Games\Ultima Online 2D Client\client.exe and it worked.

I used user defined, because the default path, all though the same.. wasnt working.

34. HeathBar

HeathBar Guest

This worked for me as well when I had this issue.

35. shanshu

shanshu Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks! This worked great for me too.

36. Bombastic Fail

Bombastic Fail Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I cliented; my UOA stops working. Tried reinstalling to no avail.

^^ This above helped me. Thanks Chaosy

37. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

old thread, but I had to reinstall everything and wanted to thank everyone on this thread for the help ;P

reinstalled 2D from download then my UOA didn't want to work because of a registry error, so I added line of code to registrar and then redownloaded UOA ... keep in mind you can copy UOA-Settings folder, which I did, so you don't have to redo those macros! good practice to copy UOA-Settings and also your char macros @

C:\Program Files\UOAssist\UOA-Settings
    C:\Users\**\Documents\EA Games\Ultima Online Legacy

and back them up somewhere (** indicates whatever your user name is).