1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone having problems with stratics

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Lady Tiger, May 30, 2008.

1. Lady Tiger

Lady Tiger Guest

2. Piotr

Piotr Stratic's Finest
    Professional Premium Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

That link works fine for me... :confused:

3. packrat

packrat Guest

That link worked for me also..:shots:

4. Phaen Grey

Phaen Grey Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

For the past 2 days I have been getting a script error on the main stratics page. I have stopped going and just bookmarked the forums to skip the error.

5. Dexdash

Dexdash Guest

i dont know if this is related but the uo.stratics site seems to lock up on me fro 3-5 seconds every time i try to load it.

6. Kurgan

Kurgan Guest

I have an issue with using the back button. The page comes up blank, and I need to press the back button twice to really go back once.

7. Rama21

Rama21 Guest

:lame: I've been getting that the last few days both on the main page and here on the forums. :wall: I'm happy to find out it's not just me!

8. Lord Richard

Lord Richard Guest

For one thing, they have way too much adware running, not to mention a bit of spyware....maybe EI just don't like the way they run their web site.

9. One of their adware sites seems to be hanging badly now. It takes about 10 seconds to calm down and let me scroll the page. I have ad blockers in place, but while they don't display the ad graphics, they aren't stopping it from trying to contact this site which hangs things up.

10. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

Same here...

11. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Funny thing is, its only on the uo.stratics site. Went to all thier sites and they don't have it.

12. AdamD

AdamD Guest

Firefox + Adblock plus is your answer.
    Out of curiousity, I went to the uostratics page without adblock running and I see what you mean
    The whole page seems to freeze for several seconds and is sluggish to move even after it's unfrozen.

13. _zigzag_

_zigzag_ Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I've emailed Gallahan about this...haven't heard back yet though. When I do, I'll make sure a post is made here :)

14. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

15. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

I get the same sort of error, its just on random vBB pages.

16. Marcellis

Marcellis Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Me too.

17. Gallahan

Gallahan Guest

We were experimenting with in-text ads on the UO page. No other sites nor the forums should have been affected. This should be removed by the end of the day.

Also, I just want to remind everyone that with the exception of this one test, we are one of the only major gaming sites (that exists or has ever existed) that sells and manages 100% of our advertising ourselves to eliminate non-gaming related ads or potentially harmful ads.

We also recently removed the skyscraper ads from all sites in response to user feedback.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!