1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone hear about whats in test

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Sprago, Dec 19, 2013.

1. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend IPKU

Vendor Search on TC1
    Posted by Bonnie Armstrong | 2013 Dec 19 22:28 -0500 GMT
    Vendor Search

For the initial release it will take approximately three hours for the vendor database to update. If you do not find your item, please check back after that time frame. After the initial database update all vended item additions/deletions will be available through searches within five minutes.

Players will now be able to search for specific items on player run vendors while in-game. Players will be allowed to opt out of the system on a per vendor basis. Trial accounts will not be allowed to use the vendor search system. Maps can be obtained for vendor locations. Players may also use these maps to purchase transportation to the vendor house (return trip included) for non-Siege rule-set shards. Players will be able access the vendor search from a context menu on their character while within a safe logout area or justice region.

We look forward to hearing your comments and any issues you may find. If you are searching for something in your vendor search that is not showing up please let us know these items so we can be sure to add them to the data base.

TC1 currently has a back up of Great Lakes on it so we have a populated server and vendors to search from.

Happy Holidays from the UO Team, Be safe and enjoy your time off!
    UO Team

2. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

I think this sounds kinda interesting

3. Elinnel

Elinnel Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

That's not interesting, that's awesome
    Finally a server-wide in-game auction
    After 16 years... =)))

#3 Elinnel, Dec 19, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  4. Lai Tash

Lai Tash Adventurer

ARRR, auctions ruin everything. Probably the party search function is coming next. And then the teleport to party members. Usability all the way. We have a certain number of useless skills and some other major problems but no, we'll implement a vendor search in a game that was fine without it for over 15 years and has an established economy.

Just woke up and angry

5. Blaeke

Blaeke Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Ooo, Lia Tash, you scare me. I thought was bad in the morninK. :devil:

6. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Good morning, Lai Tash - sorry you're angry, and wondering why?
    How could the ability of anyone, anywhere to have a vendor on their house - and have that vendor's wares findable by anyone who's looking - be a bad thing - either for the seller or the buyer ??
    Fill me in on what I'm missing here.....

#6 startle, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  7. Sprago

Sprago Certifiable

i personally think its a great idea it will make it easy for people to locate a new suit to be back in game faster
    like startle said it will make everything to do with vendor ing easier buying or selling

8. Lai Tash

Lai Tash Adventurer

Because i want to sleep moar

1) damping, if a potential client can easily see prices for the item all over the shard, he goes where it's cheaper
    2) if you happen to have carpentry, for example, but not lumberjacking, so you have to add the wood prices to your goods, you loose to the one who has both. Well that obviously existed before, but now you can't have a vendor placement advantage. The buyer goes where it's cheaper, and that's not your place.
    3) obviously vendor rentals become pretty useless, add this to the list of, like, item identification and all the other things that fallen due to mindlessly copying stuff from mainstream mmos
    4) i have a house in rather low-traffic area alright so i don't even bother placing any vendors there, but it's also how it was back on europa, and i've just found a guy who were willing to offer a place in his shop for a modest price of just 100k/week, and that's what i was going to do on SP either. Mmo's are meant to be about communication and iteraction, but thanks to the invention of "global auctions" or "global party search" etc there's neither of both. And now UO goes this way, too.
    5) It's just the charm of finding what you were looking for, buying it, and then finding this particular thing for only 30% of the price, you probably know what i mean
    6) Finally, no one really knows what can happen to the game's economy. I foretell doom and despair.

Kat likes this.
  9. yars

yars Lore Keeper

I see Luna house prices dropping,the only drawback

10. Donal Mor

Donal Mor Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend LDH

With this there will be no reason to go anywhere.

11. mikni

mikni Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'm glad we managed to dodge that one.

12. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I don't think Vendor Rentals will become useless - especially on Siege. Many like to have private houses and that blocks a vendor. Those will still be looking to rent vendor space. As for number 6 - I see doom and despair as well - but really only for vendor owners who severely price gouge... Luna on Atlantic will be screaming for a while. *evil grin*

For the rest of us - more competition means lower, more affordable prices which I look forward to. I also look forward to actually being able to play on Siege rather than spend most of my time searching through vendors trying to find what I need. I see this as a win-win situation.

startle and Barry Gibb like this.
  13. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

I will not be trudging across all of Siege to get from one vendor to another (just to save a couple gps). I will still appreciate the common shop areas on the shard once the vendor search is live. The shops will not go away, if that is your fear.

Stayin Alive,

BG

14. Symma

Symma Certifiable

As a buyer and seller, occasionally, I like this feature.

I hope it encourages more people to sell stuff, which is always a good thing.

startle likes this.
  15. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

My vendors are in BFE... welll sorta... I am on a main road, but I love it... does this spell the total demise of that website?

16. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I have to say I agree with Lai Tash on all his/her points. I felt the same way about Character Xfer's. Most of us are now aware of all the havoc character xfer's have wreaked on this game.