1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone interested in a Crafters Alliance?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Tanivar, Apr 7, 2015.

1. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'd like to get together with other Artisans and Gatherers on Siege and start an Alliance. How many of us productive hardworking souls are walking Siege providing all with the wares they need?

2. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

**A Letter to Tanivar and Landreu**

My Lord has heard of your proposal for a trade alliance and is intrigued. As you may be aware our kingdom is starting a Colony in this perilous land. We have made diplomatic and trade arrangements with the Independent City State of Gilfane and the town of Safe Haven. Since we are in the process of building the colony we are primarily importing goods at this time from timber and stone for building to basic arms for our knights.

Should you be interested in meeting to discuss further ways of mutual trade and support please write back here or send a letter to the Colony [ICQ: 96629882]

Virtue Keep you, Till All Are One,

Valiquin Lok, Royal Ambassador of Loria

kelmo likes this.
  3. Barania

Barania Slightly Crazed

What kind of ideas do you have? My tailor and my smith could have some interest.

Jack Nickelson

4. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

Since I plan to train up every single skill, at some point I'll be crafter, miner and lumberjack, and therefore will be able to join your alliance. Not now though.

5. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

You've done Gathering so you would fit in Marisa.

You would need to be in a Guild to join an Alliance, I'll add you to mine if you'd want to join. No being to wolfish though if your so inclined, <g> it *is* the Laid Back Souls of Siege. :)

Lore Denin (GL) likes this.
  6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Good luck with your alliance Tanivar, it would be nice to see a new crafter alliance on Siege, right now, most seem to join Gilfane. I rather see several smaller alliances than a few big ones. Would be nice with more choices for new players.
    *Dreaming about new player towns and communities in the land*

Lore Denin (GL) likes this.
  7. Marisa Kirisame

Marisa Kirisame Seasoned Veteran

What I like most in guilds are their funny tags or titles)

8. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

To Valiquin Lok, Royal Ambassador of Loria

My interest is currently in meeting other Crafters and forming an alliance to let us keep in touch with each other away from the ears of most of the hardcore wolves of our land. I was talking with a lass while waiting to see if a house next to my Zento shop was indeed about to fall a few days back and heard of a 'Misfit' alliance that was around some years back. The idea of an alliance was intriguing to me as I was building my new home next to my shop but it's being an alliance of 'misfits' was truly an insulting idea. Artisans and Gatherers are not 'misfits' in this land, we are the ones who benefit this land and it's people with our crafts, an important part of any land where civilized people dwell.

I would like to talk further with you as a large alliance would be a good thing in this land where murderers and thieves walk freely among us and inflict harm on those around them. A new small alliance would be a target for the evil of this land until it grew large enough to be something that the brigands would fear to rile. Perhaps if our goals for an alliance are akin to each other, we can become kindred souls and work to build this land so others would be drawn here as we were.

Siege is a wonderful land, I want to see it grow.

Tanivar
    Patriarch, Laid Back Souls of Siege

9. Arradin

Arradin Sage

Mm, i am extremely interrested.

I left the server because this is no place for a crafter in the EU Timezone. The vendors cost way too much money to be able to keep vendors up, no profit at all. And since im EU, i can't be on the times requred for face to face crafter transactions.

Really temped to come back, but... yeah, nothing changed.

10. Duncan McDermott

Duncan McDermott Seasoned Veteran

I see that I am late to the party but I have stoned mining, blacksmith, carpentry, lumberjacking, tinkering all at 100. I would prefer to craft than anything else if possible. Not sure how lucrative it would be but I would be interested in being part of your group. New to the shard again( 2 days) I am still getting my feet under me. Let me know how / where to contact you or be contacted.

11. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

I have often wondered why a Crafter's union/alliance has never happened since the days of Legends. It makes perfect sense.

Synbad and GarthGrey like this.
  12. Lore Denin (GL)

Stratics Veteran

** A Letter to Tanivar**

I believe our interests are indeed aligned. Being new to these lands I am unsure of the past or of a "Misfit" Alliance. I do think my Kingdom and your desire to create a crafting alliance to be a good fit however.

We lack crafters of skill in this land (though some are in training) but can offer aid in gathering materials and protecting crafts people, miners, lumberjacks while they work. Obviously we wouldn't want to bring unwanted attention to such efforts and we are also capable of great discretion.

To further put your mind at ease, my Kingdom's policies on trade are extremely restrictive. The merchants guild is often up in arms about the laws of Loria. For example it is illegal to trade goods to groups or organizations considered enemies of the Kingdom. Many merchants prefer a free trade model that maximizes profit at the expense of responsibility and often times life. I do not arm, or fund groups bend on death and murder and if your trade alliance is truly for the good of the land, I would encourage you to take on a courageous stand with me.

Let them tell you that it can't be done, all the while doing exactly what they claim to be impossible.

So indeed, misfits? Perhaps the world we live in needs more misfits like us if that is the term you prefer. If the path of Virtue was an easy one, everyone would walk it. I hope that you will consider walking it together,

Virtue Keep you, Till All Are One,

Lore Denin