1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone Intersted In Another Rares Raffle At Jubilee

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Dregg, May 14, 2015.

?

Would you buy a 5m raffle ticket for a 1 of 100 chance of winning a rare item valued at 200m+ ?

Poll closed May 15, 2015.
  1. Yes, It's chump change now a days to risk 5m.

29.4%
  2. No, I need every gold coin i can muster to cover the crazy reserves on the silent auction.

11.8%
  3. Maybe. Depends on what item is being raffled

58.8%
  1. Dregg

Dregg Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Was working on doing another suit raffle for the Jubilee since the tickets for the Phoenix Armor suit sold out so quickly but the owner has decided to not take the risk. So with me still getting requests for another possible raffle would there be enough interest for a raffle of a rare item. I would not want to exceed the 100 book limit and would not want to do no more than a 5m charge per ticket this time. I will run this poll for 24 hours and if i get enough support i will search thru my rainy day items and see about starting another raffle.

2. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

id be interested, but if the item is being raffled is only worth 200m then id prefer not to pay 5m for 1/100 chance. id do 3m per ticket though

3. The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi there,

all books was sold before I saw the raffle vendor so I would like a new one.

Coal chain set would be good.
    :mf_prop:

Regards
    The Scandinavian

4. Pampa DH

Pampa DH Lore Keeper
    Professional Campaign Patron

Id be in. I got 5 of the other books :)

5. Christina Kardos

UWF

They sold already?!

6. Dregg

Dregg Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

OK, to help with a little of the confusion of the post it stated it would be no more than 5m, so if the item value was considerably less then so would the price of the ticket. But after looking threw items i might have something of interest.

The full Artifact of the Pentad set which i see as the following value:

Pendant: 75m
    Bracelet: 75m
    Lantern: 150m
    Apron: 175m
    Shoes: 225m

Total: 700m

I could display it on he vendor and even though i was looking for a 5m ticket charge i would shoot for 8m. To answer the question of why before it is even asked is that i am taking the biggest risk of these tickets not selling. This is not as desirable as a Pheonix Armor suit so i am unsure of the "WOW" factor and its draw to sell tickets.

Let me know what you all think. I am open to suggestions.

7. Restless

Restless Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

individually i would agree that the pentad pieces dont have as much wow factor, but the full set adds to the wow factor a good deal. same with phoenix suit.

8. Deaol

Deaol Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Definitely a lot more curb appeal as a full set, im in if it goes to raffle!

9. ZozmaLS

ZozmaLS Journeyman

I would definitely be in too. All the tix for the last raffle sold before I had a chance to purchase any.

10. Promathia

Promathia EM Bennu Fanclub
    Premium Stratics Veteran

Im in for the full set. !

11. Dregg

Dregg Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

OK, i know i was gonna run this poll for a day but with the amount of icqs and seeing there is only 1 no vote i am gonna make this happen.

I'll make an official post tonight or in the morn regarding all the rules and everything but i will give you a quick idea of how it will work.

I'll do 100 tickets again at 8m per and there will be a stipulation this time in that i will not do a drawing unless 50 tickets are sold. I'll list the rest of the post in my offcial post.

I have a vendor up beside the Phoenix Armor vendor to show the pieces off.

12. Dregg

Dregg Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Before anyone asks, if 50 tickets don't sell then those ppl will get their money back upon returning the books with the matching code in them. :)