1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

anyone knew Camping is broken?

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by sirion, Apr 2, 2010.

1. sirion

sirion Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

So today out of boredom I trained Camping for my stealther. Upon reaching GM skill, I took him to the wilderness and camp.

As expected, I get the "connection lot". I thought my char logged out. Then I try to log in a different char.

CANT!! message says the char is still in the world!

Then I tried again and used 2nd account to witness it, that my camper is indeed still in the world even when camping appears to be successful.

:sad2::sad2::confused:

And I remember you used to be able to camp out in a dungeon. At least that was 10 years ago. but not anymore.

:stretcher:

Anyway, not that I totally care about camping :gee:

*EDIT: i think camping might belong to the Scout forum!*

x

2. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

Did you make a fire? not sure if you need that at GM. make a fire out of kindling and wait for the camp is secure message?

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Also make sure you use the sleeping bag. Open it up then double click it on the ground after the camp is secure. Done correctly there should be a pop-up about logging out safely.
    There should be a guide on how to properly use camping on stratics. Sometimes you may need to give it a second for the log-out to register.