1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know a good place to host a forum?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by archite666, Feb 2, 2009.

1. archite666

archite666 Guest

I know I have some friends in high places, I need a place to host my new forum for my upcoming " pvp school project" I dont have an offical name yet, its hard to pick a good one but for now that will work.

Anyway I'm looking for someplace where I could have my own little forum and post a couple topics for people to read.

Thanks.

2. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Cash,

I just did a google search with the intent of getting you a couple of links, but there was literally a whole page of results for places that host forums for free.

Search for "free forum hosting"

Good luck

3. HaHa

HaHa Guest

Would the rules of your forum allow any type of pic to be posted?

4. I could enable sp.net for you and make you admin if you want? I would need to clean it up a bit first mind, there's a few harem scarem things in there. I'm not sure but I think I get 10 forums for the small amount I pay a year, but I would need to ask DeVore to set up a fresh one if you don't fancy sp.net.

5. archite666

archite666 Guest

Hey shalimar, see up there where it says "friends in high places"? It should have read "really awesome, friends who happen to be the GM of NEW"

In short, that would be awesome.

6. archite666

archite666 Guest

Ok just looked at the forum, looks like it needs fixed abit.

What do you mean by if I dont fancy sp.net?

Not that I dont, im juss curious as to how we would incorporate my guild on your website.

7. quazion

quazion Guest

8. It's disabled right now, so it can't be viewed. I meant not fancying a site that's been used for Siege in the past, though I believe most players already have a login to it.

SP net was never really my site, I just took it over from Ghost when I wanted a forum for NEW, and sp.net came with it. I can delete all the history on it and you can start from scratch if you want, your forum rules etc, your mods and what have you. It's up to you.

9. Black magick

Black magick Guest

If I'm not mistaken, he's talking about the site you host the NEW forums. Not the other sp.net

10. Sp.net is the main forum, NEW one is the second one made (he probably means some of the links on NEW being broken) His would be separate to mine, hehe. I q'd him so I'll enable sp.net when he gets back to me and he can look at it and decide what he wants to do.

11. archite666

archite666 Guest

yeah thats sounds really cool, though I have no experience with creating or running websites lol

12. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

check out guild portal. It's free, and you can use their forums, as well as a lot of the other nifty tools they provide...la

13. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

The problem with free guildportal is there is a pretty big restriction to the number of posts you can have...with an even mildly active community, you hit the cap really quick. On the other hand, the 6 month hosting for guildportal is pretty reasonable. It caters to actual guilds in MMORPGs though and those special features it brings (interface to game character databases for example) may not be helpful to a different type of forum.

-Skylark

14. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Yeah, I just pay for the subscription, even though my guild forum is pretty inactive since I am the only guild member, rofl...la