1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Discussion] Anyone know about these items?

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Wraith One, Oct 31, 2008.

1. Wraith One

Wraith One Guest

I ran across these items in my recent travels.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Im not 100% sure on the tambourine but I am close to positive the platemail is ranger ingot armor which I would consider to be extremely rare.

3. Xel Naga

Xel Naga Guest

Old item blessed tambourine, ranger armor smelted into plate, used to be illegal dunno about now.

4. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The double blessed instrument would be 'item blessed' from long ago. Since it is not wearable, I would imagine it would run only 50mil or so.

The ranger ingot armor suit could be worth a lot, I am not certain, but would guess since it took 100 ingots to make (present value 5mil ea.) and you can't make it anymore -- 100mil. Yes, that is less than the 500mil you could make from the ingots themselves, but I doubt anyone would pay 500mil for it.

5. Raziel

Raziel Guest

couldnt the armor be tokuno dyed with nox green?

6. You can only dyed enhanced, gm (non-iron) based items aside from artifacts. While the suit is gm, it is iron with only 21 overall resist. Therefore it cannot be dyed. Also nox green is a totally different color than the ranger armor :thumbup1:

7. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

8. I can't see it being anymore illegal than coal armor. If it really is illegal I don't even know why. Why would old smelted ingots (which are still sold occasionally) be anymore illegal than any other accepted exploit (sigil, coal, all the mainstream dupes) etc.

Also, Im not sure if ranger ingots still retain their color when used in crafting but I do suppose that its possible this suit is a recent creation IF the ingots were reproduced with the most recent storage dupe.

9. Dmaninuo

Dmaninuo Guest

I would also be very carefull - the new loot from the invasion forces - matched the color of coal armor, with all the colors - whats to say that shade of green is not reproduced, or very close.

10. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I bid 35m for the tambourine if it's on Europa.

11. The Scandinavian

The Scandinavian Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hi there,

its a huge difference between coal ingots and ranger ingots.
    Coal ingots are an "evil"gift from 1998(?) and it was possible to make whatever item you wanted to make because you used the ingots currently in your backpack.

Ranger ingots come from an exploit.I do know that coal has been exploited later.
    Its not possible to use other ingots than the 9 choosable in the current blacksmith menu.

If ranger ingot plate set is deemed LEGAL ,me wants.
    :love:

Regards
    The Scandinavian

12. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The ingots themselves have been widely traded in the rares community for a long time now, and not under the table at all. I don't see what the difference is between buying/selling an ingot vs. a plate set.

13. The Scandinavian

Hi there,

I totally agree with you.
    But I would like som kind of clarification anyway.

Regards
    The Scandinavian

14. Actually there is virutally no difference between coal ingots and ranger ingots.

Coal ingots are the result of exploiting "coal" ore by smelting them into usable ingots. This was an un-intended result for the "coals" intended purpose to be a evil holiday gift. On the contrary, coal ore was smelted into several ingots, then sold to an NPC at the time who would then restock the ingots in quantities of 999 ingots periodically when the vendor restocked its supplies. Major exploit?

Ranger ingots on the other hand are also an unintended result of smelting ranger armor. I don't know how that even happened but it is in literallity, no different than coal ingots.

15. Pickaxe Pete

Pickaxe Pete Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I was unaware of that, and it explains why there are such huge quantities of coal armor out there, compared to the very few ores remaining.... and not many people smelted their ore, either. Heck, there are not that many players left from then, anyway.

16. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran

Still how can they give out ore and not expect someone to smelt it?

17. The Scandinavian

Hi there,

I played at the time but I was a good player as Im now,meaning I didnt get the evil gift.I would not say that you are wrong because I dont remember anymore.
    But I do remember friends buying the ore from people.
    And why would the ore not be intended to smelt?
    There were no meny or anything,meaning you could melt whatever ore you could find,if they didnt put a restriction on it ofcourse.

My thought is that they were given out to make it possible to make an evil armor set.The sell ingots and buy back thingie ,was that very early after gifts were given out or several years later?

Regards
    The Scandinavian

18. To be perfectly honest I only assume it wasn't intended to be smelted only because it was a "unique" holiday item. It may or may not have been. But I do know that the ingots themselves were exploited using the vendor technique which is why theres so many suits available.

19. Lord Mercer

Lord Mercer Guest

Yes I seem to recall an exploit with coal ore. You could take regular ore and combine it with a peice of coal ore, and your entire pile or normal ore turned black. It did not retain the coal ore label though. This was around the same time you could still smelt the ore into ingots.

I have no opinion in this debate about the ingots, i just wanted to throw in a bit o history since no one else did.