1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone know of a free program to convert .avi to mpeg?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AshMoney, Nov 17, 2009.

1. AshMoney

AshMoney Guest

Im having the problem of not being able to burn my .avi files to dvd, and apparently they have to be mpeg to be able to burn them to dvd...

Well does anyone know of a FREE program to convert .avi files to mpegs? Or even a program that will burn .avi to dvds and be able to play on a regular dvd player?

Any help is much appreciated!! Thanks in advance!
  2. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

tried CD Burner XP Pro? I've used it quite a bit for audio storage. It should handle AVI fine. I did find that setting up a DVD as a data disk versus an audio disk, I could get a lot more MP3 files on it. Might be the same for AVI as well.

But see if this will help.
  3. AshMoney

AshMoney Guest

Thx much! Ill give it a try!
  4. benjaminshr

benjaminshr Guest

Use the "Master Video converter 8.0" to convert the files to any types ... Using this you can convert your files to the following types ..
    for example :
    .avi , .3gp, .mpeg, .VOB, .mp3, .mp4 , .wmp, .amr, etc ..
    I use the same software for converting the files to any one of the above types ..
  5. AshMoney

AshMoney Guest

Is it a free program?