1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know what happened to UOforums.com it doesn't seem to exsist

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Jirel of Joiry, Jun 11, 2011.

1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I was able to log in there yesterday, but the site locked up. It was real laggy too. Today all I get is unable to connect to site. I tried e-mailing Adam and the email was returned. Anyone else tried? Anyone know how to reach Adam?

*UPDATE* Okay my sister tried on her computer and got the same thing from IE - Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage.-

I hope this is only temporary.

2. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

In cases such as this, Down For Everyone Or Just Me -> Check if your website is down or up? is a handy bookmark to have :)
    I didn't have it bookmarked earlier, when I was confronted with the same question you have, but the name is easy to remember :D

At a guess, I'd say their server is down, which would explain why the email was returned to you if Adam's email is served by the same server.

3. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thank you Cirno! It looks like EOGamer.com the company that bought uoforums.com is down too. I'm with you, looks like their sever has flatline.
    Oh and yeah Adam's email is through same server.

4. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

guess you noticed that Stratics was down at the same time? was probably a Cloudflare problem

5. TheMac

TheMac Guest

Uoforums didnt pay its protection money to stratics....

6. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

I was getting a Cloudflare page for both Stratics and UO Forums.

7. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Saw that! Strange how they both died, must be on the same hosts or something.

8. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

If you'll remember back a few weeks when Stratics was attacked several times? This might be the security measure for spambots they put in place. For a quick explanation, see:
    Code:
    http://techgeeks-online.com/2010/cloudflare-review/ 

9. Cirno

Cirno Purple Pony Princess
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Is the Cloudflare thing people saw not the cached copy of the site they hold in order to mitigate server downtime?

Also, Stratics came up fairly quickly, while UOForums remained down for quite a bit longer, which is an oddness if you're thinking of them having run afoul of the same issue.
    In any case, both are back up now, so we can resume frolicking on both :)

10. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

The page I saw was just kind of blank with a few sentences about contacting Cloudflare if you see that page.

11. RawHeadRex

RawHeadRex Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

its back up

12. AdamD

AdamD Guest

UOForums doesn't use Cloudflare.

The downtime was due to a software update which got stuck in a loop and overloaded the server. :thumbdown:

13. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Stratics is using CloudFlare. Had some issues when we first started using it (live feed, advanced post editing, etc.), but I believe we've worked out the bugs now.