1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Anyone Know Why Castles Or Keeps Cant Be Placed In Malas Or Tokuna?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Time Keeper, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Time Keeper

Time Keeper Guest

i think its kind of rubbish that castles and keeps are not allowed to be placed in Malas or Tokuna i think it would be great if that changed. one of my UO dreams is to own a castle or a keep so far that hasn't happened to me maybe it never will but at least if Malas or Tokuna where allowed to have them i would have a better shot at getting one some day. so i would appreciate it if anyone can tell me what the reason is and if theres any chance in the future that they will become available to other places like Malas & Tokuna thanks.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

They wanted everyone to have a chance at being able to have an 18 x 18. The Dev team at the time were not fans of Keeps and castles.
  3. Time Keeper

Time Keeper Guest

ok thank you is there any chance that they might change that eventually?
  4. Babble

Babble Guest

Yes, but nothing definite.
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

If they were allowed, they'd be hogging a lot of space which would otherwise be available to other players. Nice as they are to look at, they do hog real estate like nothing else. And shouldn't IMO be that common, otherwise where is the sense of achievement in owning one?

For an idea, the clearing I live in accommodates an 18x18, 2 large towers, a 12x14 approx and could also fit a log cabin and an 8x8 in front of our tavern. Or 1 castle.

If you want a castle, I'd go to Fel, as it's much easier to buy and trade the necessary plots to acquire the land you need. And it's a much safer place to live than you'd expect.

6. Time Keeper

Time Keeper Guest

only one problem i would never live in fel i just dont like fel pking is not my style.
  7. Guest

Guest Guest

I haven't been PKd at my house in years [​IMG] In fact, aside from standing outside a champ dungeon chatting after a harrower, I can't remember my last PKing and I've lived in fel all my UO life. It really isn't a dangerous place unless you move next door to a PvP guild. Even then, you'd be exceptionally unlucky to get killed while walking in your own door.

Unless you're in a PvP hotspot, the only reason you'd be likely to see reds hanging outside your house is if it went IDOC [​IMG]

8. I agree Wenchy [​IMG] I also live and have always lived in fel very rarely see anyone run by.

Places are much easier to find in fel and cheaper too. Just keep your house private and you should have no problems at all. On the off chance someone does come they will probably keep running on by (most likely checking idocs or something). If they do stop, just hide and they will move on quickly. But I really doubt you would have any trouble unless as Wenchy said..you live in a hot spot.
  9. Time Keeper

Time Keeper Guest

most players dont want to live in fel i certainly dont. i have a lot of rares and i dont want to ship them with pack animals to a place like fel safe or not i just dont want to lose many millions worth of rares some uber rares when gateing my rares to a fel house there is always that chance slim or not that someone could see me and hide and wait for me to make a trip with a packy or two full of valuables to my new fel house its just not worth the gamble in my opinion. before you say maybe i should sell them so i can buy a castle or keep i am a rare collector and i never sell something i only have one of and even if i did sell all my rares i couldnt buy a castle maybe a keep but not a castle.
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

Castles and keeps are overrated. I have had both and prefer the tower or 18x18 if done right eg:not a stupid 18x18 4 lvl cube.
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

Fair enough [​IMG]

I gate from inside my house or petball packies to get super valuable stuff inside safely, but I do realise not everyone likes Fel.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

All that is needed to be done is give the same storage to all houses. I could be happy in a small if I had the max allowable storage.
  13. Lord Kotan

Lord Kotan Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

May 16, 2008
    Yeah... I remember at one time, housing was a tough market..
  14. There are castles in Malas. But they are reserved for the winners of some contests, as I remember. Unfortunately only a few were given.
  15. Guest

Guest Guest

Just to add some insight into the reasoning behind not allowing castles and keeps in malas and tokuno. Tokuno was actually not much of a place for housing the small amount of room there was really needed to have the no keep or castle rule applied to it. however malas is a different story. Malas was designed to add housing room to the game and because they wanted to allow as many players to have a home as possible on that facet at that time the rule no keeps or castles was set in place. I believe this was a good idea at the time but with todays player base I think it should be looked at again. We will hopefully have a new expansion some day and I would hope it has good space for housing above all much like malas and at that time it would be nice to see more chances for players to place castles and keeps.
  16. Put your packy on a pet ball and call him to your house after you are inside. That solves the problem of moving your stuff.