1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

"Anyone" lock down container access

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by omggrok, Apr 13, 2009.

1. omggrok

omggrok Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hello all,

I'm in the process of recreating my museum, and want to have (numerous) containers showcasing related items (armor sets/event items/etc etc etc). What I'm wondering is - what does the "anyone" level of lock down access do?

Basically, I want people to be able to open the container and view its contents (the point of a museum heh), but not alter them in any way.

How would I go about doing that/is the "anyone" option correct and safe?

Thanks!

2. Doralei

Doralei Guest

I think (but test this to be sure) that if you just lock down a case -- lock down, not secure -- it locks down all the items you put into it as well. This means you can open it and look inside, but as all the items are individually locked down, they can only be removed by the person who put them there. The downside is that this detracts from your available lockdowns, but it should work for your purposes if lockdowns aren't a problem.

Just test this with a friend before you commit it to the public. The "anyone" setting means just that -- anyone can open and modify the contents of a case. This includes removing items.

3. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

i wish to lock this down. and set to anyone. No one can take anything out they only will be able to view it.

there was a change
    Now u can't unlock just 1 item in a lock down box full of items. You have to unlock the whole box. When your working setting things up make sure no one is hidden in your house. best thing to do is keep the house private til your done, and go over everything to make sure the boxes are locked down not secured. Then set house to public.

4. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

can't anyone add items to the box as well? So anyone visiting the museum could walk in and dump a bunch of junk in the boxes if they wanted to be a jerk?

5. Lady Michelle

Lady Michelle Sprite Full SP
    Stratics Veteran The DarkOutlaws, TDO

I tried it I get a message above my head You must be in a house you own. bottom of screen on the left you cannot lock this down.

6. Dragonchilde

Dragonchilde Guest

Nope, to lock stuff down, you have to be a friend of the house. I found this out trying to set up a guild donation box as a lock down. only friends can add items to a lock down of ANY setting.