1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone received a Major drop yet?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by GarthGrey, Jun 21, 2009.

1. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I received a Tomb of Lost Knowledge last night....how's that for a bug/glitch? hehe

2. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I've got 6 so far, i don't think they were majors.

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Tome of Enlightenment is the Minor, Lost Knowlege is the Major... hrm... haven't had either drop (yet), so I'll keep a lookout.

4. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

aye, i just looked it up and it is a major. Lol
    Wonder if you can hand 10 in to get a ......Tome of lost knowledge :coco:

5. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Iv had over 100 minor drops now but havent seen a major or even one of these new 300 luck gorget things yet. hmmmfffppp

6. Slayvite

Slayvite Certifiable

indeed the new mempo is really rare. i got over 40 ToT's and 9 dyes and no mempos yet :/
    also no blackrock yet.......i love blackrock. :danceb:

7. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No "major".

100 minors and not one mempo? That dev sure must be super fond of his name.
    :(

It is now really like the good old days. Every time there was something great then (imho) there was always some awful catch too.

Congrats to Op on a bug that worked for you. :)

8. kantoska

kantoska Guest

I dont think over 100 drops with no mempo is really that rare. If you think about it, there is what, ~1/40 chance to get the mempo? So not getting one in 100 wouldnt be too rare.

9. twoflower25

twoflower25 Guest

I also have about 100 drops - but no mempo yet - and i know of many other players not getting a mempo yet.

I don't think the drop rate is 1 in 40, I am sure it is much lower.

Anybody got more drops without a mempo?
    Who has the highscore?

(...and - no major drop or Tome of lost knowledge for me - but I don't complain .... will have looooots of stuff to hand in until I have the 2 mempos I would like to get for my chars ;) )

10. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Oh, so it is 1/40 chance? lol! Hey this is why we pay to play is it not?

I go out to try again and see scriptors and hear that a mempo sold for 35 million! UOdoes not get any better than this!

How could the "team" know people would cheat at this? They never even knew we had an 11th anniversary.

I am grateful for all this funny mess because any time I think about opening another account to hold a house spot the "team" steps up like this. yay team!

So, I am ever so grateful for those killer one charge new dyes, oh ya one charge was a given. Ty!

11. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

12. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

35 mil interesting I received my mempo on my second drop on the fiirst day of events anybody want to buy it for 35 mil?

13. Cazzador

Cazzador Guest

Hehe I'll sell mine for 35mil too, got it in the 20 or so drop.. Never mind might be only one I get and my Pic addiction is worth more. 8)

14. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I'm sorry, where in my posting does it say I farmed and hoarded? I Dojo'd for roughly an hour, I merely posted to show that a major dropped when I'm fairly certain it wasn't supposed to. And you offer absolutely nothing whatsoever to the discussion, a copy/past with a few dots.

15. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

So I'm wondering is that really a 1/40~ chance? I was thinking about this the other day while farming mini's and about the swords and urns.... do those figure up as you get an urn... and then it figures "which" urn... or are all the swords and all the urns counted in the drop?

Because if they are then your chances with them Mempo are more like 1/300... but that was my thinking.

16. Jermosh

Jermosh Guest

I got 2 mempos out of maybe 30 drops. The RNG Gods are smiling at me.

17. WizzaX

WizzaX Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My 5th one was a mempo. =D

18. Smokey of LS

Smokey of LS Guest

it took me like 85-86 to get a mempo, thats the only one ive gotten, but ive gotten about 38 dyes

19. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

three dyes, four weapons, one flute and a mempo

somebody up there likes me right now

20. MoneyMaker

MoneyMaker Guest

Well, at least I know they can be gotten on our shard...... By the way Syn got one too.
    I still have yet to get one, after 160 drops and nada on mempo. :cursing:

21. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I notice all the mempo getters do not mention where they got one, nor off what creature. Aw!! :(

I will say the one that sold for 35 million was on Origin. Seller got 5 off Oni's. He is very tough! :)

22. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

been hunting mostly alone just north of the Citadel entrance... revenant lions, single spawning rotted corpse and bone mages, but I got the mempo drop when we partied a crew of alliance members and went to the dojo

23. Black Tom

Black Tom Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Are the mempos just coming from high fame stuff or from about anything?

I've been getting 4 minors per hour from 1-2 hit kills. Switched to Tsuki wolves and it took 122 wolves and 45 minutes to get a drop (a dye). Though I did bank 122k and 500 bones from the wolves. Had similar luck with bake kitsunes and onis.

Seems to me that volume means more than high fame. But if mempos are only coming from high fame, then I'll need to go that direction.

24. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

Ive gotten probably around 300 drops and only 1 mempo

25. onthefifty

onthefifty Guest

300! guess u didn't get out much this weekend. :p

than again if you live on the east coast i don't blame u. rained like no tomorrow here...

26. WizzaX

WizzaX Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Just as with totI, totII, and now totIII ive always killed rune beetles i get one to two for every 10 to 15min. :thumbsup: hope this helps!

27. How the heck do you do that?

I'm using a fully trained Greater Dragon of high quality, discording each RB, and killing everything in sight that doesn't give a karma drop.

I still only get about 3 an hour, 2 if i'm unlucky, 4 if i'm lucky.

I keep hearing people claim 5-6 minors an hour, and despite rushing around and killing everything in sight (including Rune Beetles) in 1-3 hits from the GD... I'm wondering how the heck they do that.

Is it because I loot gold and take a quick look at the loot while i do so?

28. kantoska

kantoska Guest

Or the RNG just hates you. But personally, I run the same template (disco/tamer with GD) and I find I do get ~6/7 an hour if I really powergame thru it. You just need to pick your spots better I guess. Or, the RNG just hates you.

29. WizzaX

WizzaX Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I honestly just run around and 3 shot beetles with my axe and 1 to 2 shot the mages. I don`t bother looting either as there is often times too much spawn on me. :D

Sampires ftw!

30. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

actually did quite a bit on sunday and didnt play much but like a few people have stated it depends where you kill stuff and are actually killing stuff and not letting your evs/pets do the work. My highest rate was 1 every 5 minutes and a few times during that run i had back to back within a minute quite a few times so lets say i had a run of 5 arties within 7 or 8 minutes.

Still no major artie drop though

31. It must be the looting I do, then.

Of course, that way i get gold, too... I mean, 100k an hour isn't a bad haul when you're also getting 3 minors at the same time, right?

32. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

You unjustly jumped on like 4 people who were just sharing their hunting experiences. Just think its funny you then start posts about collecting tots.

Oh and sitting in one sport for an hour... that's camping.

And your right, it added nothing to the conversation, just like your however many posts on the other threads...

33. Nem

Nem Guest

Yes I belive you can.

34. THP

THP Stratics Legend

35m for a mempo.. get real!!!!!!!!

The royal LOL!!!!

lets see the base price in 4 weeks... 350k maybe

''dont waste my time is the question on your mind''

35. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

40 minors + 4 flute of renewal + 18 dyes and a swamp tile replica.. No mempo :(

36. wife got a mempo last night, as soon as she saw what she had she recalled to the bank and put it in there, this morning she put it up at her keep in her special box where she keeps her luck outfit. I have not seen one yet and have double the minors she had when she got her's. Oh well back to farming.