1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone remember this old mall from 2002?

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by EvilPixieWorks, Jun 8, 2010.

1. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ready for a little time warp?

I was digging around in old files… a tree of menus like you wouldn’t believe and I was digging up all kinds of old things including these lost pictures of the original Mini Mall. If you were playing way back then… this was just west of the “Desert of Compassion”, not too far off the road. This was before custom housing and before Age of Shadows. rolleyes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ahh… and back in the day, we could have our vendors holding LIT touches! How long has that been broken now? 8 years now?

A bonus of an overhead map… just look how packed in all the houses were back then. And with a map of today… and people claim they can't find free housing.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

DON'T FORGET!!! Join our summer fun decor contest; "The Red & Purple Mini Mall - A Very-Very Special Non-Event!". Check for updates! :thumbup1:

[​IMG]

2. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

3. kitiara-atlantic

kitiara-atlantic Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Great find!! I'm sure I had shopped there :thumbup1:

4. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

[​IMG]

What's really mind-blowing is the amount of people that came by in the short time the old Marble Shop was in service. Check this out...

So... it was placed on 3/12/2002. I placed it myself.

Closed around 4/17/2003 when the new mall building was replaced from the house I bought (trying to see if I could make it a touch bigger).

So that's 32,244 visitors... in 13 months.

Currently, the main mall has a 83,455 visitor count. Has been open just over 7 years now.

If we had the population we had back then... doing around 30k visitors a year, we'd have someplace like 210,000 visitors! lol. Yeah, right!!! :mf_prop:

Luna :gun:... ruining the game for over 7 years. lol