1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

anyone savin blackrock for real shadowlords

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ken01, Apr 13, 2008.

1. ken01

ken01 Guest

I have burned all but 5 small and my 1 large pc of blackrock getting cloaks. Now that is off the ethereal shadowlords. We are going to face the real ones and who knows what else at sometime. Is anyone saving some blackrock for later stages or is everone like some off my friends and me blowing through every piece we got.
  2. Guest

Guest Guest

I am currently hanging on to blackrock not only for real shadowlords but the possibility of a turn in reward for it.
  3. AshOfCaine

AshOfCaine Guest

I am keeping 3 of my original large pieces because they can be insured and I can run around infecting things for the fun of it.

I got 2 cloaks and haven't bothered with trying for any more, so i still have 3 small pieces and will try and mine up some more.

I did have my stealth assassin walk up and hand a small piece to a ethereal just to see what happens later on, see if my assassin just 'choose sides' or what.
  4. jelake

jelake Guest

I blew through the 20+ pieces I had from my last mining binge for cloaks. Didn't think about future implications with having blackrock. I guess I'll go mine some more. [​IMG]
  5. Guest

Guest Guest

I used most of mine last night getting a cloak, will probably mine quite a bit more up before things are said and done though... I'm not really worried about it.
  6. Guest

Guest Guest

i'm selling mine for 300 to 600k each.
  7. Yenji Yasagari

Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Nov 17, 2005
    26 small and 1 large insured piece that is never leaving until its pried from my fingers. I'm keeping the 26 until I see a reward better than cloaks for them. If someone offers my ninja a really good ninja suit well, I guess they can have my rocks. Even if its a shadowlord and he needs 26 pieces to blow up UO. Imagine the notoriety and fame!
  8. Guest

Guest Guest

I have one Large and at least one Small I'm keeping for good.
  9. Guest

Guest Guest

I saved 40 from the 150 small ones I had just in case we will need them to fight the real lords. And I have saved all my bigger insurable ones (only 4 I think).

Hephaistos of Europa
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

I hear about all these small and large parts. But what about the "Normal size parts"... can't you mine them? (got 6 from the Mag event)
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

small comes from mining
  12. I have RP reasons for not using the black rock.

If they follow Ultima V, the means to destroy them will have nothing to do with black rock. They are of course not obligated to do this, however.

We'll see.

-Galen's player
  13. I'm not using mine, partly to see if theres something better later and partly because I'm not having any trouble getting stuff without it.
  14. Guest

Guest Guest

Still have 2x 25 stoners left over from the "Mother Load" event. Will be keeping
    them as House decos. The week before the Moonglow thing started, mined up
    5 small pieces. Used 3 with 2 Cloaks to show for them. Undecided what to do
    with the other 2 small pieces.
  15. 5% Luck

5% Luck Guest

Been doing some mining latly and am getting small blackrock still. So I use some save some! WOOT!
  16. Theo_GL

Theo_GL Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Sep 2, 2003
    I still have about 50 large pieces and about 100 small pieces.
  17. I still have about 60 small pieces left and I will be keeping them to see if they can be used later.
  18. Guest

Guest Guest

Mined up a small one tonight... depending on how long this goes I may have time to blow up another Shadowlord.

Unfortunately I have to go on a business trip this week to work a table at the Central States show and may not get much play time (and what playtime I do get will probably be limited to mining or BOD filling due to the machine I'll have with me).
  19. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Dec 6, 2007
    I have one left...Not because im saving it but because i can't find it in all the junk.
  20. Guest

Guest Guest

Just a quick question. Does the blackrock elms sill spawn if you mine the small peices up? i havent mined blackrock since the spots in the lost land with the skill gains.
  21. Guest

Guest Guest

None showed up for the 5 pieces I dug up, so I would say no.
  22. Guest

Guest Guest

i currently have 75 cloaks, have 90 small pieces left which i plan to use on getting more cloaks, 70 large pieces left, and 60 of the rare pieces that just say "a piece of blackrock"
  23. Guest

Guest Guest

If anyone has an extra piece that just says blackrock on LS the ones that use the same graphic as the perfect emerald and wants to sell it or trade for it I am looking for one for my museum. You an PM me here if interested.
  24. Lazarus Cain

Lazarus Cain Guest

saving all mine
    no need for using it on SL's
    i get a cloak every single time i attack one; used br only once
    got a cloak from it, but i've also gotten 24 others without using it
    so why burn it up for no reason?

just use a good wep and you are fine
    i think most dont understand what a good wep is tho
    c'est la vie
    sucks for them aye?