1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Imbuing] anyone successfully tried enhancing imbued items?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by sirion, Oct 2, 2009.

1. sirion

sirion Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

May 31, 2008
    I've tried enhancing some leather pieces (3 resist, 2 mods) that I've embued, but they all went poof. I hope the menu also shows the % chance of success. If it takes some more tries to make it, I probably would.
  2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

May 24, 2008
    If the resists on the imbued armor were high (which I am guessing is the case), then your chnace of success at enhancing the armor is the same as if it were runic crafted with plain leather or looted, very very low.

I have enhanced imbued items, just to see if it was possible. I never tried to enhance any really good imbued items, because of the low chance of success. Now that you can customize multiple high intensity properties on an item using Imbuing, I would expect that you would rarely succeed enhancing that item.

Stayin Alive,

3. Drawde2

Drawde2 Guest

I've heard (can't confirm) that they're looking into the success chance for enhancing. We'll see though.
  4. I just came back after a long hiatus from UO to try out Imbuing, as my characters had crappy gear, mostly GM crafted, I went in and crafted a full suit of Luck armor for my Tamer and Enhanced it with Spined Leather so that all pieces have 130 Luck on them. The failure chance is exceptionally high so I would not recommend trying to enhance any expensive Imbued pieces.
  5. R Traveler

R Traveler Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Jul 15, 2005
    I did two 140luck 20lrc pieces. Lost like 20-30 items. Each had PoF applied to 255/255. So its possible for very high cost.
  6. ivve made a near full resist max luck , 100 lrc suit {1785} or there abouts . using mempo aof blue ring bracer etc
    . imm geussing i prolly had to enhance 6 times per peice on average .
    now imm just hoping luck actually works lol
  7. aarons6

aarons6 Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Oct 14, 2007
    ive enhaced a few bows.. they were 20/25 ssi loot that i just added some simple mods to them to make them usefull..

i wouldnt enhance anything made from scratch and pofd up to 255 tho.. too expensive.