1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone that remeber me playing darkfall?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by qqqa2, Mar 13, 2009.

1. qqqa2

qqqa2 Guest

Yo, its Mourn'Valas

Just saying whats up and see how everyones doing.
    Was also wondering if anyones playing darkfall? If not you guys should check it out. Anyways just saying whats up and if anyone is playing darkfall maybe we can meat up.

peace out guys.

2. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

I would be, if they actually opened up the sales to the game outside of work hours. Kinda gay that they limit it to a couple of hours a day. Nice pre-planning...la

3. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

I've been reading that you need to wait 2-3 hours just to log into the game.
    They put you in a queue. So ppl just stay in game afk all day, however it's making ppl upset who are trying to login.
    Just what I read on the DF forums.

4. qqqa2

qqqa2 Guest

oh yea, theres definitly a problem with ques but once i get in the games so fun, reminds me of uo cept way better graphics but same ruleset and skill style. its way fun having to aim your **** too.

5. Goron

Goron Guest

woa, thats realism... a game that actually makes you aim your poo to get it in the toilet. :p

6. Goron

Goron Guest

more seriously tho:
    any one here ever play mount & blade?

If they made an MMOG with that combat- I'd play it in a second... The combat (especially horse combat) is bloody ridiculous (in a great way)

7. Skylark SP

Skylark SP Available Storage: 0
    Stratics Veteran

Just reading player feedback, and would-be player feedback, the Darkfall release is an utter train wreck. Kind of sad...spend 8 years developing and botch the release to eagerly waiting hopeful customers. I think they will have a lot of ground to make up even if everything goes flawlessly. Also, the more I read of the gameplay, it sounds much less of a sandbox game than promised.

-Skylark

8. qqqa2

qqqa2 Guest

well i own the game so let me tell you, you only hear from the people pancakes. i own the game and it is ****ing awesome. yes long ques and things they need to fix... but most mmos have a rough launch. and yes the compony doesnt give enough feedback and has a few minor things to fix over all the game is bad ass

it is pretty much UO ruleset and crossed between wow and a 1st person shooter... as close to explaining it as i can get.... it takes real skill tho cuz u have to aim your spells and your sword swings like a 1st person shooter.

9. Goron

Goron Guest

Real skill.... until you use an aimbot.

10. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

they actually are really strict on 3rd party programs, have already begun banning people. crazy eh, a game that doesnt want rampid cheating

I will play both once DF's que's are shorten and the friendly fire (attacking your own guildy ect) is fixed.

11. Wyrm

Wyrm Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hail gentlemen and ladies !
    Its been a while... How is everyone doing ? I hope the reds are winning the war, of course.,,. Hmpf

So, bunch of insolents, I was wondering... How many of you are already playing Darkfall Online ?
    I started playing last week and needless to say, its perfect... Ive already started killing and griefing innocent people... Cant wait to raise a bit more my skills to begin the chaos :_[]
    The game rules are perfect, just like old UO.,., There are no pathetic blessed items nor insurance nor safe areas... Its the best game.,,. Paradise!!! :_}

Server is full of people, always. Of course... Everybody is tired of restrictions, crap games like WoW with pointless pvp or ridiculous safe areas like Trammel and blah blah blah.,.,.,

So.,,. Anyone up to some griefing and newbie killing with me ? MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

12. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Been wondering why I haven't seen your ugly mug around ;).

13. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I'll hopefully be on this week..

14. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

How much is the game and monthly fee's ?

15. Wyrm

Wyrm Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Heheheh I actually wasnt playing anything at all until last week, when I decided to start DF ! :}

You gotta buy the client download, which is 44 EUROs, then you get a "free" month of gameplay and start paying around 11 euros monthly, I dont remember the exact ammount.
    Most boring is that you have to download the game, around 9 GB... Takes a while :_{

And they are selling the game slowly, through their site... The shop is only available during certain time of the day.. Hmpf... It still sucks, but if you insist you can do it... I bought mine around 1 pm... Its probably 11 am for you there.,,. Gasp
    Good luck ! Muwhahaha

16. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

So about $90 American and $20 a month ? I just looked at the web page and I gotta say, Holy smoke it looks damn good ... :D lol ty for the info ...

17. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

yeah its steep and not convenient for me yet.....

18. SoulWeaver

SoulWeaver King of The Bearded Ladies
    Stratics Veteran

I may give it a try when it hits the U.S. not playing in the lag and bugginess untill its Perfected!

19. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

How is thieving in DF, just looting? Or is there a "stealing skill"? What about stealthing and hiding?
    Thanks!

20. rockytriton

rockytriton Guest

I give it about 6 months until they create some kind of Trammel for the game, and maybe a year before they introduce blessing or insurance. They just can't afford to maintain a game that would only have people who are interesting in PvP on it, it's too expensive to maintain the infrastructure without massive loads of people paying for it.

21. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

Every true Sieger should try DF eventually as most would probably enjoy it.

However, I'd recommend only those of you who are absolutely dying to play and have been waiting for DF for a long time to try it soon (if you're able to purchase it). Those of you who are semi-interested...try DF a few months from now, skipping the current problems. It does have significant problems. And release is a mess yes. But it is truly a fun game and perfect for Siegers and will get better. Wait for the USA servers to open up. By then they should hopefully have most of the significant problems hammered out.

Mourn: A few of us from Siege have a little PK guild going. It's an Alfar only red guild. If you're interested, PM me and I'll send you some info.

Puffy:
    What do you mean about the friendly fire? Friendly fire was meant to be in the game. That's a great aspect of the combat system. Swing your sword in the wrong direction, shoot your bow when you shouldn't have, fire a magic spell when you're friends are right by the target...yup, you're gonna hit buddies, and that's how it should be.

22. Lorddog

Lorddog Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

they probably have limited release times on purpose to they dont get overloaded to quickly. They want to work out the kinks I am sure.

as far as everyone should try it. I love the top down perspective of D&D games and not the 3rd person. I am not into twitch action but alittle more into the statagy type. I thought warcraft II was awesome then they added graphics to warcraft III and then changed it to 3d in wow so I had no interest in it.
    same thing for Heroes of Might and Magic as 2-3 were great but after that it got to graphicy.

probably comes from the fact that I grew up with the old style and you cant teach an old dog new tricks! :)

Lorddog

23. Wyrm

Wyrm Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Hail Mourn old friend !! Its me.,, WyRm !
    I am playing DF since last week !! Its great and absolutely perfect game,..,
    We should meet again and start killing some people like in the old times !!! :]

24. qqqa2

qqqa2 Guest

WTFOMG wyrm your playing?!?!?!? we are definitly gona meet up, gimme a holla..... im trying to convince crunch to play but hes all about uo right now :-/ when he does play itll be like old times.

25. qqqa2

qqqa2 Guest

mas i sent you a pm, i dont have your icq... icq me 282-409-806

26. Wyrm

Wyrm Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

You are right Goron,. Mount and blade rocks !!! I played it a lot and had much fun :} I killed several peasants and innocents.,,. Sometimes I catched myself shouting "DIE NEWB BLUES" while using a horde of powerful soldiers slaying defenseless peasants in the villages.,,. MWUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH Felt like pking in UO :]

Gasp.,,. but hey,.,. Darkfall Online is the game for now.,,. Its definitly the best since its just like old UO : no bull**** !!

As soon as I get high skills ill start killing innocents and newbies everywhere ! Muwhahaha Theres nothing as pleasant ! ;][

I remember when people kept saying that the games should be like WoW.,,. with safe zones and blessed items... if it had freedom it would be a total failure... Well.,,. Guess what ? These idiots may eat their words now because DF is crowded and a big success ! :}[

What makes a great game is the freedom. UO had it, but the incompetent designers listened to the whiners and criers and then created trammel and insurance and blah blah blah and destroyed the game ! :_[

Maybe EA will buy DF's rights and create a trammel over there in the future !! :} It wouldnt surprise me ! MWUAHAHHAAHHA

27. i own the game

i am keeping my up accounts open, incase i want to come back, but its looking grim for uo, because darkfall is awsome

as for sales and que times, dont let them sway your opinion, they are a result of av playing it safe, they dont want their servers to crash, it will be resolved soon. just wait about a month, keep enjoying uo, then try df, there will be more sales and more servers, and shorter ques.

as for reading up on reiviews, i can only say this: i love the game, if you read the forums, you get a lot of qqers, and naysayers. that is tha nature of forums though, the people who have a good opinion are not posting, because they are too buisy playing.

do not judge the game untill you have played it for yourself

28. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

My tolerence for these threads is wearing thin...

I am going to merge to two extant threads.

29. Mystikal GIL

Mystikal GIL Guest

Me and some friends are playing, the game is alot of fun. We are Mahirim, didn't join a guild yet.:gun:

30. Lord_Puffy

Lord_Puffy Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

QFT