1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone use the Logitech G13 or Razer Nostromo on UO?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Old Wolf, Aug 21, 2012.

1. Old Wolf

Old Wolf Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Hey all,

Comsidering getting a Logitech G13 or Razer Nostromo to help with key bindings (I play from a mac laptop and I find keybinds frustrating... the keys are awkward and hitting alt is very difficult). Anyone have any experience with either of them, and any thoughts on which works best for UO?

Thanks!

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I use the Logitech G-15 Keyboard and G-13 Gamepad. I like both a lot - but I've never used the Nostromo so I really can't compare them for you.

3. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

G13 with Lap top is the wayyyyy to go

Just be prepared to map basic letters to another template so you can switch to type with your keyboard hand using the G13. I wish they make a wireless G13 lol

#3 NBG, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  4. Old Wolf

Stratics Veteran

Would you say it's worth the investment?

5. CryptisRavenous

CryptisRavenous Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I use the nostromo with the razer naga... They're both great on their own, but they're amazing when you use them together. I'd say they're worth the investment, if you play a lot, especially on a laptop.

6. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Definetly, once you have it all setup. You know those cashier that can run the registrar with one hand? You will be able to do that but instead you can play UO and do basic keyboard actions with just one hand.

It takes some getting use to but it will last you for a long time if you treat it right.

useable for CC and EC. EC is crazy with one of these.

#6 NBG, Aug 21, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  7. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I've used the N52 Nostromo pad for UO for several years now and it works WONDERS. Simply set the keys up for CTRL-ALT-X macros and ad NBG said, with the EC it is crazy what you can pull off with one thanks to the powers of the EC macro system and the hotbar system becoming an effecting onscreen HUD map of the keys on the pad.

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

When I bought the G-13 - it was $74.95 on sale $20.00 off... with a $20.00 rebate... It is def worth it if you watch for sales, etc.

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I have used my G-13 faithfully for years now.... I started with the Nostromo N52 I think it was..... anyway wore it out..... then upgraded to the G-13 absolutely LOVE it! It rocks in the EC. I have one setting for all my characters...

When I used 2d I had to set each of my characters up separately but in the EC I have one setting that does just fine... it's awesome if you go with the G-13 let me know I might be able to help you get it set up and all.

10. Poo

Poo The Grandest of the PooBah’s
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor 4H

G15 represent!
    yaaaaaa!

seems like all my guild mates run with the Razor thingy.

11. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

G13 with a 12 button mouse for the win!

12. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I found the Razor Naga to be to small. I had to use it holding it with my fingertips which made the side buttons unuseable when moving the mouse. When it died, I didn't get another. It reminded me of the small laptop mice more than a full size mouse.

13. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I am thinking about possible G13 with G600 mouse...

pretty scary Rat if you as me, but I think it is the best option if upgrading.

14. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

I used the Nostromo the last time I played UO a few years ago. But at that time I was chained to my desktop for gaming. Since then notebooks have improved a lot and since returning to UO a couple months ago, I have been playing exclusively on my MacBook Pro. I have the latest razer gamepad under the coffee table but haven't needed it yet. Perhaps when I get back in to PvP I'll start using it again. It was handy for movement leaving my mouse available for other actions.

15. MagicStar

MagicStar Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I use the saitek gamepad and sidewinder mouse
    Love em and cant imagine goin back to not having them

16. Coldren

Coldren Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Have a G15 and a Nostromo N52te. Worth every penny.

17. Ox AO

Ox AO Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't know how anyone plays without these devices. There are just to many macro's to play on a basic key board

I am on my second Nostromo the first one the keys wore out the N52te seems a little better

18. NBG

NBG Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Please give G600 mouse from logitech a look if you are going to upgrade.

I think it is the best UO house out there right now.

19. Old Wolf

Stratics Veteran

I'll be honest, I'm all thumbs when it comes to using a mouse (that's why I could never get into FPS's).. adding more buttons to my mouse just seems like a bad idea, lol

20. LetheGL

LetheGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

My poor old Microsoft laser mouse is on its last legs! :( Any recommendations on a mouse with out all the thumb buttons? I crushed my right hand and all but severed my thumb about a year ago. Needless to say, the plate and screws holding my thumb together prevent it from bending, making those side buttons useless.

The G13 is a very nice gamepad if you have the patience to learn the layout of the keys. I couldn't and sold mine. I'm too used to my ancient IBM mechanical keyboard and key binds I've used for the last 12 years or so.

#20 LetheGL, Aug 28, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
    whiterabbit likes this.
  21. TomWinnick

TomWinnick Visitor

I am having a problem with my G 13..... the LCD window states that it cannot use the UO client as an executable.... so anyone know which file I am supposed to use?

22. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

As stated in previous post PM me.

23. Vexxed

Vexxed Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I've used ....
    N 52
    N 52 TE
    RAZER Orbweaver......

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-keyboards-keypads/razer-orbweaver

Orbweaver is 20 keyboard style mechanical keys and it's a beauty. I use the thumb directional pad (UP) usually for + ctrl to allow all the other buttons to switch function. I PvP extensively and it works great. I also play Bf4 a ton and I simply switch profiles between UO and BF4 on the fly. I really enjoy the added row of buttons. It's a stretch for me and I'm 6 ft tall but I use that top row for things that you NEED a macro for but are less cRitical. I setup my PvP macros so that ease of use determines where important things go. Like not putting mini heal where your pinky is the finger to use lol. Anyway....Orbweaver all the way. Just make sure you have the space to put it.

24. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Crazed Zealot

I've become very fond of Logitech. Currently using the G510s keyboard which is excellent and has held up great. I like the 18 hot keys on the left. Worked super well with shooters, etc. The Logitech G9 mouse is awesome with all the hot keys, adjustable weights, clip on grip, etc. It just feels super in the hand. Very solid over all. Nice click on the buttons. But I don't think they are making them anymore. I'll have to find out what it's been replaced with.

25. Varingian

Varingian Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran The Squirrel Empire

You talked me into it, Just ordered a G13 and G600!

26. MalagAste

I use my G-13 everytime I play. I wouldn't play without it. It's wonderful for anyone who has a bit of arthritis. Keeps all my macro's in one hand no roaming over the keyboard doing ctrl+shift etc...

27. Spiritless

Spiritless Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

The G600 is very good. Top mouse.

28. chargar42

chargar42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

Logitech G602 way to go! Wireless and it rocks.

29. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Madcatz strike 7 keyboard -best ever! Mouse is a logitech g500 which I have found is the best

As we speak I am returning a Logitech Keyboard G710 (would not suggest this to anyone)

30. Capt. Lucky

I'll give you a deal on mine, lol. Used it about 2 hours and put it in the closet. Mine has a problem with the wheel. It's like top heavy or something and always rotates back to the same position. I should have took it back but never got around to it. Thought about taking it apart and seeing if I could do something about it but found one of their G9 new in the box discontinued ones on ebay and been using it since it's my favorite. I'll probably get this next time as people say it feels very much like Logitech's G9 http://www.frys.com/product/6974947?source=google&gclid=CPGWrvSFg8QCFQ6OaQod674AIw

31. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I personally use a Razer Naga Mouse, DeathstalkerKeyborad, and Nostromo Gamepad. I usually just use the Keyboard for typing, all my hotkeys are mapped to the Gamepad and mouse. Works well if you have to patience to set it up.

32. Varingian

I was looking at some gaming keyboards when I ordered the G13 but wondered if it was needed with the G13. Sounds like not ? I can use my stock keyboard to type if the G13 G600 combo covers all the rest.

33. MalagAste

The G-13 is awesome. I totally love it. If you require assistance in setting it up and using it I'd be happy to share any knowledge I have with you. I've had mine for years and use it all the time.

34. Varingian

It should be arriving today. If I stumble I will PM you. Thx.

35. chargar42

chargar42 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Gilfane

I love mine! Wheel very easy to roll, no problems at all. Take a look and see if you can find the problem.

36. Capt. Lucky

Well I replaced the one I love with another just like it. So when it finally dies I'll dig it out again. It's like part of the wheel is top heavy and it always return to the same position. Could stick a piece of foam or something in there I guess lol

37. Lady Laurel

Lady Laurel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Alumni LOST

I see I am not alone :) I have the Razer Naga Mouse and the Nostromo Gamepad, as well, and I have everything hotkey'd to those :)