1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone using Weapons with Rage Focus on ?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by popps, Jun 21, 2014.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The good with Rage Focus http://www.uoguide.com/Rage_Focus, from what I understand, is that it allows to go past the 300% Damage CAP which of course, is nice to have.....

Since I do not see many weapons with Rage Focus around, I wonder whether players take advantage of this nice opportunity and if not, why not.....

Is anyone using Weapons with Rage Focus on ? How do they play out ?

Thanks.

2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

No I don't know anyone that uses it. I don't know if you can even get focusing gems any longer.

3. CorwinXX

CorwinXX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Looks like a useless mod because it adds brittle as well.

4. popps

popps Always Present

Well, to my understanding, all that Brittle does, is not make it possible to increase durability http://www.uoguide.com/Brittle which is, the same that happens with any item that is imbued.....

So, since most weapons are imbued anyways and thus have their durability increased to 255/255 BEFORE imbuing, who cares about the Brittle ?

Just apply Powder of Fortifying before imbuing AND before applying Rage Focus and one can have a 255/255 Imbued item that is Brittle but who cares ? Being an imbued item the Powder of Fortyfying would not be applicable anyways AFTER imbuing so I see no big deal that the weapon is imbued and brittle.....

Yet, such weapon would be able to exceed the 300% Damage CAP thanking to the Rage Focus ......

Ain't that a nice option to have ?

CorwinXX likes this.
  5. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I use it on the Fey slaying bows, just because I have so many of them.

6. popps

popps Always Present

And........ do you like having it on your Weapon ?

I mean, is Rage Focus a property which is nice to have since it allows to exceed the 300% Damage CAP ?

7. Tuan

Tuan Slightly Crazed

I agree that brittle isn't really an issue on a broadsword or something.

On a bow that is worth 50M... well maybe not.

8. popps

popps Always Present

And if that 50 millions Bow is an imbued bow to which you cannot apply Powder of Fortifying anyways ?

Only Imbued (no Brittle)= No Powder of Fortifying
    Only Brittle (no Imbued) = No Powder of Fortifying

Imbued and Brittle = STILL no Powder of Fortifying.

Any weapon that is imbued, cannot be applied Powder of Fortifying anyways.......... so, brittle or not brittle makes not an inch of a difference if the weapon is imbued .....

Now, if the Bow is not an imbued one, then you have a point but how many Bows are out there that are really good AND are not imbued ?

9. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Also something to keep in mind, if you haven't enhanced an item and it's durability gets down to like 170'ish (168 I think), you can enhance it with durability increasing material and take it back up to 255.

10. popps

popps Always Present

Cool !
    I did not know it.....

It needs to be precisely 168 durability sharp ? If so, why is that ?

By the way, NuSair, do you enjoy your use of the Fey Bow with Rage Focus on ?

A worth having property ?

11. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

It's been a LONG time since I've done it, maybe it was 178.... anyway, it will take the durability back up to 255.

Enjoy? *shrug* I use it on Fey champions. Things that take a while to kill. I used to use them on all the champs.

12. popps

popps Always Present

Then I take it that using weapons with the Rage Focus property on is of good help when fighting bosses with lots of hit points, is that right ?

13. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It will do extra damage over time but you have to build up the "rage" first. I had it on a few weapons I built years back and never saw a great level of extra damage when time was factored in. IMO it's a nice feature but hardly something I would spend time searching out.

14. Logrus

Logrus UO Legend
    VIP Stratics Veteran

If you are fighting something with minions, make sure you aggress first on the boss as well as the minons. If the minions are alive and hitting you and you have aggressed them, each will add 15% to your rage damage bonus cap up to 90%.