1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Anyone want a couple of free codes? *sighs*

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Victoria Navarre, Sep 8, 2009.

1. Because EA.com won't let me get passed the Rules of Conduct page to even get into SA. I have been trying all day to try to get passed this page,but can't. I even got help from Blacksun with the firefox browser and no luck there either. Sitting here 8+ hours watching the RoC page time-out time after time,after time is too much,and yes I have ran anti-virus software and I did delete my UO files and reinstalled.No luck at all.

2. Did you email tech support? Perhaps they will know how to help ya..

3. Chrissay_

Chrissay_ Guest

Make sure you clear your temp files, cookies, and cache. If you are still having problems contact customer support at http://support.ea.com. Just simply ask them to apply the code to your account and add the code to your ticket. They should be able to help you out with that.

4. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Wait, what's the problem? It sounds like you're having trouble upgrading your accounts, but then you mention replacing your UO files so I'm a bit confused.

5. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Much as I would VERY much like free codes... I would rather you got in on your own. Have you tried going back and using Internet Explorer? I know IE stinks... but sometimes it's my only salvation. I think that you have to be sure your using the correct upgrade code.... and I think you have to scroll all the way down to the bottom to say "yes, I accept"... And if your in Firefox be sure to turn off the Ad Block and allow all this page if you use no script. Hope that helps.

6. The trouble I am having is simply getting passed the RoC page where I put in the code. It goes to about 40% and stops and times-out

7. Thank you

8. sablestorm

sablestorm Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Did it work? Are you upgraded?

9. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

It seems to be a common problem... *stares* No. I do not lock all redundent threads...

10. Astrel

Astrel Guest

The problem is none of the above but simply due to the sheer number of people upgrading their accounts at the same time. Just wait, even if it looks like being all day, then it will upgrade normally.

11. the 4th man

the 4th man Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I switched from IE to Fire Fox and got through with no problem.

12. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Victoria, if the link Chrissay gave you doesn't work, go to the www.uo.com website. On the left side of the screen, click the "Support" button and choose the "Contact Support" link from the drop-down list.

This should throw you into the section of the site where you can search for information about UO, create a "ticket" for the support staff, or send them an e-mail.

To create a ticket, you'll have to log in under the "My Stuff" section. I believe the "account" you create for this purpose is separate and distinct from your UO game accounts (it's called an "EA Account" and I think it's used for support purposes for any EA game you own).

If you want to just send an e-mail message, use the "Email Us" link under the "Support Links" heading.

13. Pawain

Pawain Crazed Zealot

Mine did the exact same thing. I just went to another PC and it worked. If you have only one PC in the house, use a friends PC, a work PC, or the library.

Cleaning up your PC may help. Removing UO didnt do anything. The issue is web based.

14. Gwendar-SP

Gwendar-SP Guest

hit refresh after it times out

15. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I'd love a free code :D

But keep at it, you'll get it working.

16. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Governor Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

I had the same problem on one of my machines.

I switched to a different machine and it went through immediately.

It would seem to be that if your machine has serious Java app lag problems, you will have trouble registering.

17. I'd love a free code myself (since I don't have one lol) but would rather see you be able to resolve your problem and get to playing the expansion. Hopefully the info Chrissay gave you will help.

18. Shamus Turlough

Shamus Turlough Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Firefox works 100% of the time.

19. FIREFOX FTW! I installed IE 8 and it reset all of my Windows folder options, and I can't get them back.

20. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Victoria - Thank you for bringing up this problem on the borads as I had the same issue this morning and found your post.

Chrissay - Thank you for your suggestion. I sent an e-mail to customer support, and I would say within an hour to an hour and a half, I was updated (this included an email sent to me that it took me 20 minutes to respond to).

This would be a thumbs up to Victoria, Chrissay, and customer support. :)

21. Lord Gabriel

Lord Gabriel Guest

I know it is difficult when you are wanting to goto SA right now as you have paid for it and of course should get what you paid for. However I wouldn't give up my codes just yet, this was a large project for EA and as with any large release there are often problems. Go though normal channels to get it fixed and you will get there, best of luck in getting it done asap

22. Alvinho

Alvinho Great Lakes Forever!
    Stratics Veteran

ill take one pmed to me if your giveing them away

23. Well the problem is fixed with the RoC page timing out,but now I only have access to the TC1 server. Unless every shard is down and being worked on,something is wrong....again.

:fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight: :fight:

edit: *begins to have bad flash-backs to the AoS release*

24. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yep
    they are all gone for an emergency fix...Check back about 7:30 est

25. *suffers from UO withdrawl symptoms :drool: *

26. Experimental

Experimental Lore Keeper

I HAD to use explorer on the registration page...Mozilla wouldn't let me get past the TOS.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!