1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

AOL Legends - Way Back When!

Discussion in 'UO Legends' started by boothuk, Feb 19, 2010.

1. boothuk

boothuk Guest

Hi,

Just popping by to see if anyone remembered the the good old days. My primary character back then 1999 onwards was 'Grekor Nime'. Was a Mage, my tamer was C'An Nabis. Had a few other minor characters too.

I played UO like I say from about 1999 onwards til about 2002ish. Cant remember exactly my quit date but UO got trash, AOL Legends lagged like a ***** (I'm from the UK) and the game was on a downward spiral. Not to mention my serious addiction, I needed a life so I quit on the whim and deleted my tamer with whom I had invest ALOT of time getting up to scratch. This ensured I stayed off the game!

Got some really fond memories of my time back then, some people to remember....... (off the top of my head) .... Balin, JollyRoger, xirridecsentx, Baby Jeebus... plenty plenty more, but we're talking 7 or 8 years ago now haha.

I was in 187 for most of the time and served in pretty much every faction. Rolled with some of the above at one time or other, but others they were sworn enemies! Haha.

Used to love RP but also dabbled in PvP although I was limited due to a **** poor dial-up from UK for the most time.

I did come back probably in 2006 for a month or so, made a ridiculous amount of money summoning Vortex's and beasting Elder Gazers, seemed way to easy! My character build didnt seem as good as it was back then though, people had 120 skills?? Wtf! Tried again at PvP but archery I think was dominating? Bought a 2 storey tower and was surprised I could place it outside Shame in Felucca, but then quit again shortly thereafter. The 2nd experience was a letdown!

I cant remember what other clans I served in, or other names. If you remember me, even vaguely, give me a shout!

My bro started on UO in 97, I remember the music being really well gay and that really put me off until I started a char and the rest is history. Man I miss that music now!

Peace.

2. boothuk

boothuk Guest

Also, is there an archive for this site? Can't seem to find anything old!

3. boothuk

boothuk Guest

Couple more.... Chele, Dead President, Element sure theres more in there!

4. boothuk

boothuk Guest

Yeah Sorcon, rings a bell. Did you used to own a castle? Thoughts of you been uber-rich spring to mind?

Another name in the bag... Sandman

5. Lord Cuda

Lord Cuda Sage
    Stratics Veteran

This is not the Uo you seek... But the names you remember were from a great time :sad2:

6. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

noob. i remember pking grekor nime...the good ole days

7. boothuk

boothuk Guest

Probably, must of been the laggiest player on legends at some point or other.

8. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

in those days most of us were on dial up

9. Zalan

Zalan Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Balin was the King of the Typo`s. He always reminded me of a 15 year old kid with Dyslexia. He was okay in for the most part.

Hey Omni,

Scar Tissue pwns Rhoads as a mod back then ;p

10. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

Ahh Tyr. How Ive missed thee

11. Demon Wind

Demon Wind Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I wish I had been around in those times, I might have learned better. However, all those great players from the "good ole days" as you put it would be in a state of shock with all the new changes to UO. I personally wonder how old school players would overcome all the new things UO has come up with. You guys should come back and maybe teach us a few things, I for one have alot to learn :)

12. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

we all quit because of the new changes. being red has no consequences so any newb can be red. back in the day there was perma stat loss for reds and a real risk vs reward for them. Now you die, nothing happens except you lose some gold.

the new skill sets are lame, power scrolls ruined pvp, uo became item based rather than skill based. The reason you hear stuff like AOS garbage and aos this/that is because age of shadows literally ruined pvp. worse than the trammel/fellucia split.

Until there is a pre aos shard you wont see any vets coming back for longer than a few months at a time. if they opened that type of shard, i garuntee there would be a flood of old players returning.

13. Cash

Cash Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

who is omnicron?

14. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

your daddy

15. Cash? Omni? Sorc? Green?
    all we need is rolls and shinji

I am Peon :)

16. Uogamers.com
    Hybrid is the closest thing u will come to it. its pub 15/16 and it rocks...

17. Demon Wind

Demon Wind Sage
    Stratics Veteran

With the new skill of imbuing every one pretty much has the same suits and weapons so it's no longer item based. Powerscrolls can be gotten fairly easy and the 20 points of skill needed isn't hard to get. I would love to watch pvp at it's best. I'm sure you would find alot of help getting back into the game. What I am saying I suppose is Skill is what wins most battles. As i have said I for one have alot to learn. :)

18. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

Spamming 75hp AI's over and over with ONE button click is not skill.

19. RL'S pker

RL'S pker Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Someone in vent about a week back mentioned something about an old school type shard.

I think they said that the Devs are considering opening one. If they do, i'd be down with it. In fact, I'm sure the whole !OF! guild would be playing that shard.

20. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

Its the only way to fly my man... UO was TEN times more fun back then....Its night and day.

21. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend

talk of classic shard came up in this letter from Cal Crowner

Next: is there ever going to be a classic shard? I will tell you … it’s a good idea … in theory. In practice it gets a LOT more complicated. We had a Saturday lunch recently (the same method we used when we were developing for Stygian Abyss), and discussed the benefits and costs (resource and impact to community) for developing a Classic shard. First we discussed what does a Classic Shard really mean? We came up with some core ideas and left it at that. There are several other things surrounding the implementation, and we almost have it nailed. Will we do it? I don’t know and cant’ say for certain, but at some point we will put the idea to rest one way or another, and we hope to make that decision this year.

22. Unsatisfied

Unsatisfied Guest

Head over to this link and help me in the fight to get this "classic shard" made the right way pre aos, pre tram... good oldschool pvp ruleset! back me up brother! I bloody need it. lol

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=1624616#post1624616

23. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

Ea and the Devs wont do it. Because if its a success, gains older players back, is the most populated shard, and becomes THE shard to be on. Then they will have to eat pie and admit they should have done it years ago...or that AOS ruined uo. You take your pick.

24. weezer

weezer Guest

I don't think they will care as long as they get money from people coming back. I am quite sure they are all about the $$.

25. DGgnome

DGgnome Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

IMO, if it makes the community happy then put one up, just means I'll have less people to play with :sad3:
    Then again, I've played for a very long time, but most of that time was spent running around clueless until about two years ago when people invested in teaching me how to play. Thanks Rocky :)

26. DevilsOwn

wait...... running around clueless is not how it's done??

*sigh*

27. DGgnome

DGgnome Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Dev, I'm almost done with a Liquor Room if you want to stop by and cluelessly run Mel with me after we drink all of the booze! :shots: :beer: :pint:

28. OMG OMG OMG.. i miss legends back in the day.. *sobs* those were the best days of my life how sad im 27 now but still remember those days as a kid running the world as rose whitefalls with my pal aladrian harper hey omnicron! i played uo till about 2004 sometime till my account was over taken by someone i considered a friend at the time but oh well past is the past but damn how i miss the old gang

29. ya the old players were great wish lex, jolly, cash, omni, cwn, adeno, alphaomega, and all the old thieves would come back would make for a great day in fel( would be a good reason for me to get flea back out)

30. SirLordGold

SirLordGold Guest

I remember the ole days..
    I reactivated my old account last week and I see my smithy, Blackie is still there. He was the first GM BS on Legends.
    Sir Lord Gold is still there... His old suit is all 70's with 1157 luck on it... Is tha still good? LOL luck used to actually mean something back in the day, does it still?

31. MiNi MaGi

MiNi MaGi Sage
    Stratics Veteran

i was off and on legends at the time myself.. that was when i started playing uo. my brothers roomate owned almost ALL of the castles on AOL legends and sold them on ebay with built up accounts for a living. i cant remember the names he used but i know he used one of the first pvp tamers and was in khaldun alot killing the tenacles of the harrower... but anyways i know that was the best time of uo for myself :)

32. Lord Urza

Lord Urza Guest

Its been most of my UO experience hehe

33. Rhoads

Rhoads Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Scar Tissue pwns the ALMIGHT ALL POWERFUL RHOADS?????? bwahahahahahaha surely you jest little one.... ;-)

34. DevilsOwn

did Rhoads just pop in to poke people or is this a return to playing?

Rhoads likes this.
  35. Omnicron

Omnicron Stratics Legend

I still have the Rhoads account my friend => Good ole Rob!!

Rhoads likes this.
  36. Rhoads

Rhoads Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Well I dunno about playing the new style.... But the old school style would be fun.....