1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Archer help.

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Enkrypted, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Enkrypted

Enkrypted Guest

First off, i'm a returning vet and I am still learning the new information on warriors.

Here is my template so far:

Archery
    Fencing
    Tacts
    Healing
    Magery
    Resist
    Anat
    Focus

My character was built this way because of the "old days" when a great number of guys had a melee skill w/ their archer. Well, now I see people with Chivalry, instead of the melee skill. Should I drop fencing and pick up chivalry? Do I need focus?

Just looking for some advice. I've read through all of the archer templates posted here, and I just need a definite answer on what to do. I don't do much PvP anymore, and I spend most of my time in dungeons.

Thanks!

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

a lot depends on your play style but if it where me i would drop magery and fencing and put chiv and bushido on instead

3. This is the template I'd suggest:

Archery 120
    Bushido 120
    Tactics 120
    Healing 100
    Anatomy 100
    Resist Spells 90
    Chiv 70

Str 95
    Dex 125 (use items to get to 150)
    Int 35

This is based on a 720 skill point account. It also helps to use an Elf for an Archer for the extra 20 mana. For armor, you'll be wanting pieces with Mana Regen, Mana Increase and Stamina Increase. For weapons, Mana Leech and 30+ SSI are pretty much manadatory for PvM.

4. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

this is my template exactly considering i stole it from connor lol one other thing i would suggest is if money is a problem for the power scrolls then i would go with 115 scrolls and make anatomy 110 or 115 untill you can afford the scrolls

5. LOL. :lol:

Seriously though, I did test a lot of different mixes with this template, and this one is by far the best not only as far as the most damage, but survival wise as well.

6. Enkrypted

Enkrypted Guest

Okay. I have done the Human to Elf quest. I went ahead and dropped Magery and Fencing. This is what it looks like now:

Archery
    Tactics
    Healing
    Chivalry
    Anatomy
    Resist
    Focus

So, do I need to drop focus and just work with the rest? So that I can get Archery and Tacts up past 100?

7. Drop Focus. It's not worth the skill points, and those points are much better off being invested in Bushido.

8. spoonyd

spoonyd Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Connor is right. Focus is just a really bad skill these days. Making up for that in your suit and mana leeching weapons is no problem especially for pvm. IF you plan to pvp with this character, I suggest getting your resist up to 120 if you can.

9. GFY

GFY Guest

While I play an archer very similar to Conner I have a friend that plays an Archer Paladin. He is very hard to kill and does rather well in pvp and pvm. His damage potential is a bit lower but he has very good survivability.

Archery 120
    Tactics 120
    Anatomy 120
    Chivalry 120
    Healing 120
    Resist 120

It's easy to play and he does very well with it. You use consecrate weapon, divine fury, and enemy of one in pvm and just heal with bandies and spells as needed.