1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Archer help

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Scoobs, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Scoobs

Scoobs Guest

I am in the process of training an ABC archer. Its fun so far as combat (PVM) is so different to melee or spellcasters. I was wondering in anyone can suggest alternatives to the vanilla ABC archer which would allow for a summons to effectvely act as a tank. I am finding it really tough against creatures who move really fast (eg paragons). Hints on how to deal with these outwith a tanking appoach are also welcome.

2. Farsight

Farsight Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

If summons are your desire, then try adding in spellweaving at either 40 or 100+ skill.

At 40 skill, you have a 100% chance of casting nature's fury, and can get an arcane focus with any human character (JOAT 20 skill, lets them focus with you (note: my test was more than a year ago, it could have changed since... need confirmation from someone else before you take this statement as fact)).

At 100 or more skill, you have the whole assortment of spellweaving spells and have an easier time with finding that all-important arcane focus.

Then you can hit the paragons with a number of furies and walk toward them, hitting them all the way. The problem is, nature's fury is absurdly easy to dispel, but most of the time, they're great.

3. Delbrie

Delbrie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

One of the funnest character to play for me is a Myst Archer.

4. Scoobs

Scoobs Guest

Delbrie

Can you post your skills?

5. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Not that I play one, just throwing it out there

120 Archery
    120 Tactics
    120 Anatomy
    120 Bushido
    120 Mystic
    120 Focus

+20 Archery from Headress
    +more skills from jewelry

Put that into Chiv. Something like +13 Chiv/+13 Tactics on each ring/bracelet would let you have 72 Chiv.

6. Lucivius

Lucivius Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Here is what I run. Most powerful toon I've played, solo just about anything in the game. Only works as an elf using stitcher mitten.

Mystic 120
    Focus 120 (90 +30 on jewels)
    Archery 120 (100 + Hunters headress)
    tactics 100
    bushido 100
    anatomy 90
    healing 90 (80 + stitchers mittens)
    Chivalry 70 (40 +30 on jewels)

7. Delbrie

Delbrie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

My toon is the same as what Lucvius posted with the exception of my jewelry (+30 focus and +30 Myst).

8. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What stat distribution do you mystic archers use? Also, what are your go-to tactics? Is one to cast a RC and fire away while it tanks for you?

Thanks!

9. Delbrie

Delbrie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Hey Gortman

On my Archer I have:

150 dex 174 stam
    36 int 55 mana
    108 str 117 hp

Sometime i use RC as tank other times just let him kill everything to work spawn up. It all depends on what you are killing. There are times when I dont use RC and just want the benefits of stone form. It is probabl;y the most flexible template I have played. I only wish the you could cast RC in towns for the invasion.

10. Lucivius

Lucivius Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Honor/EOO then let RC tank and help with damage. I use healing stone for emergencies and spell trigger with healing stone. If fighting big bosses like slasher I keep RC up constantly and run in stoneform. Poison and debuff immunity is priceless. So far have soloed DH, paroxysmus, shimmering effusion, medusa, and slasher

150 dex - 180 stamina
    121 str - 123 hp's
    17 int - 44 mana

Suit is 100% LRC, All 65's (bumps to 75 in stone form), 32 LMC, 32 DCI, 6 MR, 80 DI (incl weapon), 25 HCI, +25 dex & +30 stamina, +17 int

Arty's used

Hunters Headress
    Stitchers Mitten
    Tangle
    Spell focusing sash
    Shroud of the condemned
    Ranger's cloak of augmentation
    Legendary detective boots
    Conjurer's trinket

Imbued - leather armor, jewels

tunic (lrc, lmc, stam, mr, resist)
    legs (lrc, lmc, stam, mr, resist)
    gorget (lrc, lmc, stam, 2 resists)
    sleeves (lmc, stam, mana inc, 2 resists)
    ring (15 focus/chivalry, 15 DCI, 10 LRC, 4 dex)
    brac (15 focus/chivalry, 7 DCI, 14 DI, 8 dex)

Most bows are balanced (to use heal stone), SSI, DI, ML, SL

11. gortman

gortman Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Delbrie and Lucivius,

Sounds like a cool template. Delbrie, mabye I can tag along on a hunt with you sometime soon so you can show me how it works. I've been slowly working on skilling up an ABC archer but this template sounds like it might be a great alternative to the cookie cutter.

12. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Shimmering effusion with bandage healing... im impressed . Really. Can only guess this qualifies for an epic fight.

13. Lucivius

Lucivius Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

Basically just keep throwing RC's at the shimmering and kill any adds right away. If RC loses aggro I just run into gate until it targets RC again. Toughest part by far is gathering keys.

14. [JD]

[JD] Guest

See I would think a Throwing Mystic version of that would be awesome if you could pull the template off.. but I'm not sure it can be done

15. Gorbs

Gorbs Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Replace hunter's headdress with another helm of your choosing and use 2 imbues for +10 throwing on each ring/brace.

16. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Travesy's Mask... there are a couple of places to gain skill. Plus, Gargoyles are a lot easier to set up armor for.

17. Lucivius

Lucivius Adventurer
    Stratics Veteran

I actually have a throwing/mystic as well, but without Bushido.