1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Archer sampire?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by RazicGL, May 29, 2012.

1. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I have a quick question.... I am currently running a standard swrds sampire template,
    Question I have is this... If i was to replace swords with archery would i be more effective for say... barracoon solo runs... I could have a high "hit area" on bow ect but does anyone run archer sampires?

Thanks in advance.

2. sirion

sirion Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Sure, melee, or archery, or thrower, quite the same.

It just depends on how you like the actual circumstances. I dont melee spawn solo, coz the clicking is terrible factor for me.

Hit Area + swing speed under 3.0 second = effective

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  3. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Not really. The reason is the life leech doesn't work very well on ranged weapons. I think you should test it out on TC first as its probably not going to add much in terms or your archers effectiveness. Also due to the slow swing speed of so many archery weapons its not going to be a reliable enough leech. That being said test it out using character copy so that you save time and money and can find out with how you move if its worth it.

kRUXCg7 likes this.
  4. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

For me, an archer sampire is near useless. I would run wraith form.

RazicGL and kRUXCg7 like this.
  5. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

So for an archer run wraith form and then use chiv to heal as needed... also with an archer is it worth really having bushido and Parry? from what I can see most of the specials of bushy would be wasted on an archer... and I am unsure if I would get the combined bush parry block chance with a bow in hand.... if that is the case I guess I would be coming a necro archer and swap out bushy/parry for anat and healing?

6. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Why would you need parry? I would just run a ABC template toss in necro/ss.

7. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

Used to be all the rage, but as Mirt alluded to, the leech for ranged weapons was decreased (halved?) a couple years ago. Leech is a sampire's lifeblood, so a ranged sampire isn't ideal anymore.

8. Klapauc

Klapauc Sage
    Stratics Veteran

The amount of life leeched trough vampiric embrace and curse weapon is exactly the same for ranged or melee. Just mana and life leech from weapon mods are affected imho.
    Archery has just some disadvantages compared to throwing, throwing sampire works very well . I would prefer that for a ranged sampire.
    Better question is, why use archery sampire for fel barracoons ? You really dont need necro here, every decent pvm dexxer with healing/anat should be able to solo that spawn easily.

9. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Archery 120
    Tactics 120
    Anatomy 90
    Healing 90
    Music 120
    Discord 120
    Chiv 60 (boosted with Jewels to 90?)

You think this could work? I am thinking that 90 anat/healing will be enough to keep me alive and I can throw down chiv heals/cure as needed as well as using potions.

Am thinking that with disco and music I will be able to kick butt on highend critters and even with 90 chiv my dmg output should be high enough? was thinking for spawning ect I would just have "hit area" as well as the usual mods on my bows then switch out for a slayer thats tailored to the champ?

10. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

For this template, your problem will be mana. As stated, HML is halfed on ranged weapons. So though I think you could probably kill Baracoon with the template, I think you'd be much more effective with a traditional melee sampire or even a wraith thower. Those templates are optimized for life, mana, and stamina leeches with the right weapons and tactics.

11. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I hear what you are saying, I have however used this guy fighting corgul (mybard skills are not trained fully yet though and I didn't have healing/anat) I was able to pretty much chain one AI after another, the HML seemed to do the trick and I have high mana regain on his suit.... I should perhaps make a new thread as this is no longer a sampire template hehe.

12. NuSair

NuSair Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Chaining AI with just mana regen and HML?

13. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

We all know a sampire can do it with HML, 40 LMC, -10 mana cost reduction on weapons specials, a big mana pool, and big hits. With HML halfed for distance weapons and no -10 mana reduction, I think this would be very hard to achieve. But the question I have to ask is why not just go with the melee sampire or the wraith thrower? Both are tried and true and work very well.

14. RazicGL

RazicGL Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

My Swords sampire is super effective so i decided there is no need to change what doesnt need changing ;) ! after the first few posts I really should have started a new thread as I guess I am just looking for tips on what will now be my Disco archer...

I will make a new thread as I need help as I have never played this class before and I am struggling with how to suit him up.