1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Archer Str

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Ansio, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Ansio

Ansio Guest

Someone just told me that STR is not important to an archer, other than HP, that it will not have an effect on your damage. Is this true? He was telling me that as an archer for PvP you need to be all dex.
  2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mar 18, 2004
    dex is general considered the most important skill for a archer but str also determains damage and also loot you can carry
  3. Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger Guest

Agree with storm, people tend to lean more to dex as shooting faster is usually better than more damage. While more damage is always a good thing, over time the missing and swinging slowly could lead to not doing much damage over time, so dex is more important.
  4. With Dex and mana both being key factors in the success of an archer, Str usually takes a backseat to the other 2 stats. I use 90 Str myself, and boost it with +stat items.