1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Archery] archer template help please!

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Wilde1, Jan 16, 2009.

1. Wilde1

Wilde1 Guest

Finally found a 120 archery scroll to eat (woot) and got it capped. Need some help with this PVM-intended template. I don't know what to give up to increase Bushido. I understand that eventually I need to eat a 120 bush scroll. The anatomy and tactics are where they are just because those are the scrolls Ive come across so far.

Archery 120 (100 real, wearing headdress)
    Anatomy 120
    Tactics 115
    Healing 113 (115 cap)
    Focus 100
    Bushido 94 (115 cap so far)
    Chivalry 77.9 (and pointed down)

I suspect I need to lower chiv, anat and healing (but how far?), get bush to 120, and then maybe tactics to 120 if I can find or farm a scroll and there are enough points leftover.

Help please!

2. This is my template:

Archery 120
    Bushido 120
    Tactics 120
    Healing 100
    Anatomy 95
    Resist 90
    Chiv 75

I would suggest you either stone Focus or just turn it down and "fuggedaboudit". It's worthless, and the points could be much better used in Resist. I'd also turn Healing down and bring it to 100. There's really not much point in having it higher than that as the only benefit you get is easier rezzing. If you use enhanced bandages and are at GM, you heal & rez as if you had 110 Healing. I'd also turn down Anatomy. The DI from Anat isn't really all that much.

3. RichDC

RichDC Guest

Im not big on archery but it seems to me you could drop healing down to GM and chiv to 60 that should free up points for your bush?
    I wouldnt turn down anat simply because high anat also increases the strength of your heals...maybe drop focus and get necro for vampire form??

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I swear by my doom arty miner template:

Lorcan Ludovic (Elf)

120 Archery (+20 hunter's headdress)
    90 Tactics
    90 Bushido
    90 Healing
    90 Anatomy
    115 spellweaving
    60 med
    75 chiv

90 STR (+1 conjurer's trinket = 89 base)
    135 DEX (+8 hunter's headdress, +8 ring of the vile +5 crimson cincture = 114 base)
    60 INT (+8 stormgrip = 52 base)

5. I'd be willing to bet that my template would get high damager on any boss in Doom over this template. Damage output is pretty much a key ingredient in Doom.

6. Taylor

So you're always quick to point out, Connor. :p

I dunno, since I've never played your template. All I know is, I get a drop every 3rd time around the gauntlet. I've never heard of anyone doing much better than that.

I'm sure your archer kicks butt, man. Just wanted to give another possible template. :-D

7. Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to say that a SW template is bad, or even trying to be arrogant about mine. There are just different situations where one does perform better than the other. For Doom & Peerless, the damage output of my ABC archer is hard to top. For champ spawns, the SW archer is the better template hands down, and really is the better template any time you need crowd control. Drop a few Nature's Furies to tank for you, and you can blast away without having to move. This allows you to work your way around the champ altar easily. I've done the SW quest on my archer, and swap out Resist for SW for just this purpose. For 1 on 1 encounters though, the higher damage output is more important since there's no crowd that needs to be controlled.

If you've got the soulstones you could use, you should give it a try. It's a damn nice thing to be able to swap out multiple skills on a character so you can maximize it's effectiveness depending on what you plan on doing with it. I don't regret a single copper pence of the 200 mil I've spent on full soulstones. They've been more than worth it, and I plan on getting more so I can have even more freedom with all of my characters.

8. Taylor

I'll give it a shot!