1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Archer vs. Swoops?

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Mordakian, Nov 14, 2007.

1. Mordakian

Mordakian Guest

What would I need to be able to kill Swoops very effectively with an archer? Thanks.
  2. Baldguy

Baldguy Guest

Most effective (IMO) would be this:
    Heavy or light xbow
    50% HLD
    15% HCI
    50 di
    100% energy damage

Barring that, you will want a template with:
    1) At least 60 Bushido. This will let you honor the swoop, for the mana / stamina / hp when you defeat it. Very valuable. This also lets you use lightning strike for 45% HCI per hit. Much lower chance for a penetrating strike, but it works.
    ANd of course, you get confidence. which is great for healing on the run.

2) At least 72 Chiv. FOr consecrate weapon (to overcome not having a high energy weapon), emergency heals and divine fury for an SSI boost.

3) Some necro form (wraith at 30, or Vam Embrace at 99 necro. Use skill items to get there).

4) Higest possible dex and stamina bonus for fastest possible swing.

5) Heavy x-bow with at LEAST 25 SSI and 40 DI. Or a light xbow with the same features.
  3. midiguru

midiguru Guest

Bushido in 80's & Honor using Lightning Strike, Chivalry in 70s for Consecrate Wep and EoO, A pimp Bow maxed out Dex, Necro at whatever you need for Wraith Form. And a bird slayer talisman.

My setup is along these lines i kill swoop in 2 hits.
  4. There's no need for Necro for swoop. Once you honor it, then kill it, you get back whatever health, stam and mana you happen to lose. All you need is a heavy crossbow with enough DI to get you to 100% and SSI of 40, along with a Bird Slayer talisman. Along with Bushdio and Chivalry of course.
  5. Mordakian

Mordakian Guest

How do I find a bow with all of those stats and 100% energy damage... search has been impossible... any suggestions?
  6. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

Just start with the bird slayer talisman. You get quite a few nice bows from Swoop corpses.
  7. Energy damage isn't necessary if you have Chiv. Consecrate weapon automatically puts 100% damage into the target's weakest resist.
  8. Mordakian

Mordakian Guest

Post deleted by Mordakian
  9. imported_GFY

imported_GFY Guest

High resist is always a good thing when hunting. Are you a Samouri and did you honor your opponent? Do you have 100% damage increase built into your suit?
  10. Guest

Guest Guest

this is a swoop we are talking about here...

get a damn bird slayer tali, and obviously u got chiv (well u better)
    cast conc. weap and enemy of one, any decent bow and u will kill it in 4 shots... b4 it hits u once...

thats all u need
  11. Guest

Guest Guest

dude before you say that just letting you know swoop has 120 wrestling and tactics about and 1.5k in hp.
  12. pgcd

pgcd Guest

dude before you say that just letting you know swoop has 120 wrestling and tactics about and 1.5k in hp.

[/ QUOTE ]Actually it's 135 (and above) wrestle and tactics - at least that was what I got from loring yesterday.